Now Playing:
might be a fluke.. was playing castlevania curse of darkness and notices the xbe title doesnt scroll (or at least mine didnt). course if i am talking out of my arse again, by all means kill the topic Wink
hi,

i think you mean the lcd-display don't you?

mine is displaying the following:

farcry instincts
playing

i would find it better if it would display:

now playing:
farcry insticts

the best option would be, if we could customize the lcd-output in an .xml file or something similar.

regarding scrolling i didn't have tested it on mine.. but i will have a look today.

bye,
scape
My XBOX built into a Sony Hifi CD-Player Case
XBOX Hifi Media Center Picture Gallery

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

well, in the case of mp3's the title scrolls.. however as i mentioned above i get:

now playing
astlevania curse of da

and no scrolling at all.
i think i found the answer.

it is simple. xbmc launches a game (.xbe file). then it displays the game title on the lcd-display.

after that, the game starts. and --> xbmc is no longer in memory and thus no longer running! so, the scrolling doesn't work!

but xbmc first tries to scroll the title. that in your case is, why it is only displaying "astlevania curse of da" and not the correct title
"castlevania curse of d" ..

the first character in your case , example "c" was removed, because xbmc tried to scroll the title!
then after xbmc tried to scroll the title the game launches, and xbmc is no longer running and thus no longer scrolling
the .xbe title.
that's why the title remains "astlevania curse of da"

i tried this also for the game "baldur's gate - dark alliance". my first character disappears after xbmc tries to scroll it. then, when the game is started, there is only "aldur's gate dark allia" on the lcd-display!

for the devs:
i think the scrolling for .xbe titles should be disabled in the source code, because it is anyway not working. because xbmc is no longer in memory. then, the first characters in the .xbe title would not disappear in the future.

but i am still wondering why your lcd display is displaying "now playing" and then the .xbe title.
my display is displaying first the game title from .xbe and then in the second line "playing".

so, with your example my display output looks like:

castlevania curse of da
playing

which build do you use? perhaps mine is too old.

scape

My XBOX built into a Sony Hifi CD-Player Case
XBOX Hifi Media Center Picture Gallery

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Now Playing:0