Best TV Tuner for XMBC - HVR 4400
Hello, I'm new to XMBC and HTPC's in general so please bare with me. I'm building a relatively powerful i7 windows based HTPC for my living room, mainly for gaming but I would also like to get a TV Tuner and use XMBC. I was looking at the HVR 4400, is this recommended or is there a better alternative?
Any help please?
Nobody knows where you are from so nobody knows what TV standards your system needs to support.

Nobody knows what PVR backend you want to use, or what OS you want to use it on (unless we make a wild assumption that you want to run the backend on the same box as the frontend.)

Do some reading on the wiki, then ask some sensible questions.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
No need to rail on him. But Jack he's right. In order for anyone to to give you suggestions we need more information. I would read through the relevant parts of the wiki so you know everything involved (such as a backend) and then come back and ask again with some more detailed information.
Cheers man, I have been researching the wiki page (although its not fully complete) and checking out some stuff. I'm usually pretty good at picking up this sorta stuff once its in my hand so I've just gone ahead and ordered everything and will take it from there. Check it out.

i7-3770S
16GB 1600mhz RAM
Asus P8277-M
AMD Radeon HD 7870
128 GB Kingston HyperX SSD
2TB Western Digital
8x Blu Ray ROM Drive
52 in 1 memory card reader
Wireless 802.11N 300Mbps PCI Card
Hauppage Quad HVR-4400 TV Tuner PCIe
Windows 7

Should be a beast!
The power led flashes when suspended on Asus motherboards and this isn't changeable. Deal breaker for me, I don't want a flashing led light in my lounge room. Gigabyte stays off and asrock and Intel boards are configurable.
(2013-06-05, 21:43)teeedubb Wrote: The power led flashes when suspended on Asus motherboards and this isn't changeable. Deal breaker for me, I don't want a flashing led light in my lounge room. Gigabyte stays off and asrock and Intel boards are configurable.

I wasnt aware of that, when suspended do you mean when power is completely off?
Suspend to ram, aka sleep. It uses a small amount of extra power than being off, but xbmc is useable in seconds when resumed. When power is off the led is off.
DD Cine S2 is the best money can buy IMHO, I had 2 different pci-e and one USB tuner and they could not compare in signal quality and zap speed.

http://shop.digital-devices.de/epages/62...cts/091204

EDIT: although I am not sure how it works under Windoze

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best TV Tuner for XMBC - HVR 44000