Case sensitivity for video_ts.nfo scraping
Question 
Hey guys,

I've got a problem with my XBMC-Setup here. I'm not sure, if i'm in the right forum - so for the mods: please feel free to move my topic to the right place! :-)

Normally i'm using a windows-environment where case sensitivity is no big deal. The thing is, that i recently bought a RaspberryPi which is running Raspbmc (-> linux environment). For my movie-management i prefer to avoid the XBMC-Scraper and use Ember Media Manager instead. Unfortunately this tool doesn't care much about case sensitivity - so all my ripped DVDs (with DVD-Structure: VIDEO_TS folder) have a VIDEO_TS.ifo file but a video_ts.nfo file. And here the problems begin - XBMC doesn't recognize the NFOs until i rename it properly (VIDEO_TS.ifo -> VIDEO_TS.nfo).

My question is: is there any option in xbmc to tell it that it also should look for VIDEO_TS.nfo AND video_ts.nfo files?

Thanks in advance for any help and again: Sorry if I'm in the wrong section with my thread! Smile
Okay, solved the problem by manually renaming all video_ts.nfo to the correct upper case form Smile If anyone is interested in a good and easy-to-use automatic (Windows-based) tool for this purpose, try "spacetornado Renamer"!

Now i have the problem that xbmc (frodo-release) doesn't recognize my local stored fanarts and posters for DVDs. I know why it can't see the files but i'm not sure how to solve this:

My file structure for DVDs is:
-ExampleDVD
-->VIDEO_TS (folder)
----->fanart.jpg
----->poster.jpg
----->VIDEO_TS.nfo
----->VIDEO_TS.ifo
----->...

I know that fanart and poster.jpg should be in the parent directory but it would be a looot of work to copy these 2 files manually for about 300DVDs!

Maybe anyone got an idea how to solve this problem?
I literally _just_ discovered the same thing on my SMB server. I have a collection of DVD's where some have the directory named "video_ts" and some have it named "VIDEO_TS". the ones with "VIDEO_TS" work properly (eg, they are properly scraped and show up in the library. the others don't.

Fortunately, I have a script that can fix the directory names for me so it wasn't a big deal to fix but it was frustrating to figure out.

BTW, I use movie.nfo inside the VIDEO_TS directory instead of what you're doing.

As an extra BTW, I was almost _positive_ that this was working properly in v11 on Linux but it's been so long ago....
Use movie.nfo OUTSIDE the VIDEO_TS directory. Anything else is futzing with the layout of the dvd which can potentially cause issues with certain players.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2013-05-29, 21:33)NiffStipples Wrote: Normally i'm using a windows-environment where case sensitivity is no big deal. The thing is, that i recently bought a RaspberryPi which is running Raspbmc (-> linux environment). For my movie-management i prefer to avoid the XBMC-Scraper and use Ember Media Manager instead. Unfortunately this tool doesn't care much about case sensitivity - so all my ripped DVDs (with DVD-Structure: VIDEO_TS folder) have a VIDEO_TS.ifo file but a video_ts.nfo file. And here the problems begin - XBMC doesn't recognize the NFOs until i rename it properly (VIDEO_TS.ifo -> VIDEO_TS.nfo).
I have fix that in Ember 1.4.x... but this version isn't released atm (only as a beta with daily modifications).
Ember now is casesensitive.

(2013-06-02, 02:45)jmarshall Wrote: Use movie.nfo OUTSIDE the VIDEO_TS directory. Anything else is futzing with the layout of the dvd which can potentially cause issues with certain players.
In Ember, we use the same file name and path as an XBMC export. As long as the "issue" in XBMC is not fixed, we store the NFO in the VIDEO_TS folder.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Case sensitivity for video_ts.nfo scraping0