mythbackend expecting protocol 77
So I've just setup mythtv on Ubuntu 13.04 x64. Everything is setup fine but I'm trying to connect cmyth on raspbian to the backend but it's complaining about mismatching protocols. It's wanting 77. Does anyone know a way to fix this?

Thanks!
What version of the mythtv pvr plugin are you running?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
This thread seems to have gone dormant so I hope you'll forgive a new boy taking the liberty of hi-jacking it to ask the same question.

I have just plugged in a Pi for the very first time with the intention of using it as a Mythtv frontend, using an SDHC card with Raspbmc 12.2 Git 20130502-32b1a5p. Got far further than I could have hoped and all looks very promising (eg I can get the weather) so I installed mythbox addin version 1.1.0 which says it supports Mythtv 0.24.

Since I run Mythtv 0.25 (protocol version 72) it was no surprise that it gave a protocol compatibility error.
The update option on the addin is inhibited. How do I update it please?

A supplementary question: I have DBV-T UK recordings which are MPEG2. I am right in thinking that the story that the codec was included free in Frodo was an April 1st hoax?

Regards
Phil
(2013-05-30, 02:45)kr651129 Wrote: So I've just setup mythtv on Ubuntu 13.04 x64. Everything is setup fine but I'm trying to connect cmyth on raspbian to the backend but it's complaining about mismatching protocols. It's wanting 77. Does anyone know a way to fix this?

Thanks!

You're using a not released pre-0.27 version of mythtv. If this is on purpose, you can try to compile the addon yourself + https://github.com/fetzerch/xbmc-pvr-addons/pull/81
Otherwise, I'd suggest to use the released mythtv 0.26, that works out of the box.

(2013-07-16, 22:22)PhilWig Wrote: This thread seems to have gone dormant so I hope you'll forgive a new boy taking the liberty of hi-jacking it to ask the same question.

I have just plugged in a Pi for the very first time with the intention of using it as a Mythtv frontend, using an SDHC card with Raspbmc 12.2 Git 20130502-32b1a5p. Got far further than I could have hoped and all looks very promising (eg I can get the weather) so I installed mythbox addin version 1.1.0 which says it supports Mythtv 0.24.

Since I run Mythtv 0.25 (protocol version 72) it was no surprise that it gave a protocol compatibility error.
The update option on the addin is inhibited. How do I update it please?

A supplementary question: I have DBV-T UK recordings which are MPEG2. I am right in thinking that the story that the codec was included free in Frodo was an April 1st hoax?

Regards
Phil

No idea about the mythbox addon. This topic - and most in topics in this section - are about the XBMC PVR addon for MythTV. (that supports MythTV 0.24 - 0.26). See http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=PVR/Backend/MythTV for more information.
Thanks. Will try that addon.
Phil

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
mythbackend expecting protocol 770