if (no chapters) skip X minutes/seconds
I have a mix of MKVs etc.

I use a MCE remote.

When watching a film if I hit the <| or >| button 2 things either happen:

1) The film jumps to the previous or next chapter.

2) The screen goes blank and says something like "no entry in playlist".

When the '2' happens its really really annoying.

Could there be a simple function included where by if movie does not have chapters then it just skips forward x amount of minutes/seconds.

I did think this wouldn't be possible as files like mp3's require skipping so perhaps limit it so it only works with preselected media types i.e. if filetype = mkv & does not have chapters skip x

Cheers
It's kind of like that now with the left/right arrow buttons (those that surround the OK/Select button, and are usually mapped to StepBack/StepForward). If you have no chapters pressing left/right will jump back/forward 30 seconds, but when chapters are present you skip back/forward a chapter.

Actually, I *HATE* this dual behaviour, because if I want to jump a chapter I'll use the << or >> buttons, but when I'm watching a movie or tv show that has chapters I then lose the ability to jump in 30 second chunks which is usually far more useful than a chapter skip (particularly in combination up/down or BigStepForward/BigStepBack and 10% jumps).

I'd like to see the StepBack/StepForward function ignore chapters entirely. Instead, there should be a new NextChapter/PreviousChapter function that skips to a chapters whenever they are present, and jumps 10% when chapters are not present, which can then be mapped to <</>> or whatever.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Are you sure it's not the other way around? StepForward/StepBack should always work. BigStepForward/BigStepBack should be the ones that toggle between chapters and time skipping.
Doh, yes, yes, you're right - however the same argument applies, there should be no dual use applied to BigStepBack and BigStepForward which should always perform a time skip even when chapters are present. A Next/PreviousChapter function would be most useful, which could be mapped to the under used |<< and >>| buttons.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
if (no chapters) skip X minutes/seconds0