• 3(current)
[SUPPORT] Free Cable - US station aggregator
Yep Cartoon Network is a known problem, same issue with adult swim and TBS.

Works on the website not through XBMC, streams via the website are embedded so I can't actually see what rtmp stream it uses. There's also a HLS stream, but I can't get that to authenticate.

History channel should also be working.

The fixes for ABC and ABC family aren't in the repo yet.
Ah, I feel silly. Thanks.
(2013-06-03, 20:01)moneymaker Wrote:
(2013-06-03, 19:50)springroll Wrote: Just tried the steps outlined, it is still updating over and over again by itself, the Free Cable add-on keeps up on showing up in Available Updates and it would download the update and install it, and immediately after that, shows up in Available Updates again. It's now a vicious cycle.

You're right. I just had the same problem on my iOS system. I've fixed it and forced a refresh/update. Now the loop is over. Please try again and tell me if it's working now for you, too.

It worked! Thanks for all of your hard work and help.
in post #2 it says abc works (no warranty).

ABC is not working for me and wanted to see if it is working for others.
Intel® Quad Core i5 Sandybridge @3.40GHz | ASRock Z775 Mobo 8GB DDR3 Ram | Logitech K400 Keyboard |
| Logitec Harmony 550 Remote| 46' Samsung LCD TV | Onkyo TX-S605 w/ Bose 5.1 Surround
(2013-06-04, 01:22)hunkyn Wrote: in post #2 it says abc works (no warranty).

It's working with the latest version (0.6.4). Maybe your system have not updated yet.
// GitHub // Repository

// USTV VoD (Video-on-Demand) / World News Live / MRT Play
(2013-06-04, 15:02)moneymaker Wrote:
(2013-06-04, 01:22)hunkyn Wrote: in post #2 it says abc works (no warranty).

It's working with the latest version (0.6.4). Maybe your system have not updated yet.

I too am experiencing this same fate. I verified i have 0.6.4 and performed force refresh to make sure everything was current. I'm running WinXP XMBC 12 on one machine and Win7 XBMC 12 on another and get the same results. I am in US and NOT using any proxy or VPN, if that makes a difference.

I went to ABC -> Rookie Blue -> Season04 -> Homecoming

Below is what i get from the xbmc.log
Quote:start of FREE CABLE plugin
08:40:26 T:4764 NOTICE: FREE CABLE --> common :: getURL :: url = http://www.kaltura.com/p/585231/sp/58523...vice%3D001
08:40:26 T:4764 NOTICE: FREE CABLE --> common :: getURL :: url = http://content.uplynk.com/ext/d874124ecc...22b92c3e3a
08:40:27 T:4764 NOTICE: FREE CABLE --> common :: getURL :: url = http://content.uplynk.com/7a45a7de4a5b4e...6426bb8a7a
08:40:27 T:1000 NOTICE: DVDPlayer: Opening: C:\Documents and Settings\SLIM\Application Data\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.free.cable\resources\cache\play.m3u8
08:40:27 T:1000 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(player):Tongueut MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED
08:40:27 T:11008 NOTICE: Thread CDVDPlayer start, auto delete: false
08:40:27 T:11008 NOTICE: Creating InputStream
08:40:27 T:11008 NOTICE: Creating Demuxer
08:40:29 T:11008 ERROR: CDVDDemuxFFmpeg::Open - Error, could not open file C:\Documents and Settings\SLIM\Application Data\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.free.cable\resources\cache\play.m3u8
08:40:29 T:11008 ERROR: CDVDPlayer::OpenDemuxStream - Error creating demuxer
08:40:29 T:11008 NOTICE: CDVDPlayer::OnExit()
08:40:29 T:11008 NOTICE: CDVDPlayer::OnExit() deleting input stream
08:40:29 T:1000 ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.free.cable/?url="0_t399ah6t#http://cdn.video.abc.com/abcvideo/video_fep/cc/RKB_402_HOMECOMING_EPISODE_8781810b-35aa-4b3f-8d5d-460ca9bbadcc_10001132.xml"&mode="abc"&sitemode="playVideoULNK"]
08:40:29 T:5092 NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false
08:40:29 T:1000 NOTICE: CDVDPlayer::CloseFile()
08:40:29 T:1000 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(player):Tongueut MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED
08:40:29 T:1000 NOTICE: DVDPlayer: waiting for threads to exit
08:40:29 T:1000 NOTICE: DVDPlayer: finished waiting

EDIT: I verified that the m3u8 file is getting created successfully in that cache location and can provide it if necessary, just let me know
Ok, I have tested a lots of other channels that have been working. Thanks for the log. The developers will take care of it.
// GitHub // Repository

// USTV VoD (Video-on-Demand) / World News Live / MRT Play
In order to play newer full episodes on abc you'll need a custom xbmc build with ffmpeg compiled for openssl of gnutls. The only build I've seen posted is a raspberry pi one. We need a way of making this clearer though.
(2013-06-04, 18:13)slices Wrote: In order to play newer full episodes on abc you'll need a custom xbmc build with ffmpeg compiled for openssl of gnutls. The only build I've seen posted is a raspberry pi one. We need a way of making this clearer though.

Do we know if this type of ffmpeg build is in the todo list for the XBMC team?

Is there a way to get a standalone copy of FFMPEG.exe so i can run the command myself and have the stream downloaded to local file? Looks like the modifications you, AWESOME PEOPLE, have done allow it to at least parse the new changes of the site and get the necessary information.
In the long run, I would love the ability to save a selected show episode to local location. This way i can watch it whenever i would like to without the time restriction the sites put on their content. Is this capable?

On other channels, i am able to take the link to the m3u8 file and send it to a standalone copy of ffmpeg and save it out. I think i'm missing a few settings to do this with the new methods you all are using... any pointers? I'm using the latest Zeranoe FFMPEG build (which shows its built using --enable-gnutls) [http://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/]

From what i can tell from the abc.py files, it looks like it grabs the specific content information and then stores it in the cache/play.m3u8 file... i'm assuming i can simply pass that as my m3u8 file to FFMPEG like: ffmpeg.exe -i "C:\Documents and Settings\SLIM\Application Data\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.free.cable\resources\cache\play.m3u8" "test.mp4"
It starts to go but then ends up with an HTTP Error 403 forbidden

Thoughts? Anything that I can do to help?
Please Help me out here. up until like a few days i have been using free cable to view the daily show and the colbert report. today i fired up xbmc and it no longer works? is it the website of my xbmc.......i posted my log on pastebin..... http://pastebin.com/GXDiUerP any help is welcomed
(2013-06-04, 18:40)CLran619 Wrote: Please Help me out here. up until like a few days i have been using free cable to view the daily show and the colbert report. today i fired up xbmc and it no longer works? is it the website of my xbmc.......i posted my log on pastebin..... http://pastebin.com/GXDiUerP any help is welcomed

I confirm that it is not working for me either. I reviewed the py script and it looks like the 'module' search text was changed at the website level which is preventing it from finding the videos in the episodes search loop. Looks like they modified the video holder section... I've parsed it to the below snipped to hopefully help the python experts Tongue

Code:
<div class="video_holder" id="video_426789">
<meta itemprop="url" content="http://www.colbertnation.com/full-episodes/mon-june-3-2013-john-dingell"/>
<meta itemprop="name" content="Colbert Report 09109"/>
<meta itemprop="image" content="http://colbertnation.mtvnimages.com/images/shows/colbert_report/videos/season9/09109/cr_09109_01.jpg?width=120&height=90&quality=0.91&crop=true"/>
<meta itemprop="description" content="Mark Pocan tempts Stephen with divorce, precision-guided guns promote skill-free killing, and John Dingell wants Congress to learn how to compromise."/>
<meta itemprop="datePublished" content="Jun  3, 2013"/>

<div id="video_player_box" class="no-flash-msg video_player" style="width:960px; height:540px; background-color:;" data-mgid="mgid:cms:episode:colbertnation.com:426789" data-width="960" data-height="540" data-bgcolor="" data-endcapautoplay="false" data-autoplay="true" data-nextvideo="" data-sitesectionid=""></div>
<script type="text/javascript">
   $(document).ready(function() {    
   $Crabapple('.video_player').player();
   });
</script>

<div id="endcap-override_clip-page" class="module endcaps-clip-page endcap-override" data-redirect="" data-countdown="" data-timer="5" data-mgid="mgid:cms:video:colbertnation.com:426789" data-niagara="http://activities.niagara.comedycentral.com/">
  <div class="endcap-background-fade">
   <div class="replay_video"></div>
   <div class="textHolder">
    <div class="title"><a href="">Up Next:</a></div>
    <div class="subTitle"><a href=""></a></div>
    <div class="timer">5</div>
    <div class="pause-countdown"></div>
   </div>

<style type="text/css">
    #endcap-override_clip-page {
     background-image: url('<!-- function.make_image -- invalid parameters: missing width, height, or imageList -->');
    }
   </style>
  </div>
</div>
</div>
i knew it wasnt my xbmc .... funny part is south park still works fine lol
(2013-06-04, 20:17)CLran619 Wrote: i knew it wasnt my xbmc .... funny part is south park still works fine lol

different websites... These scripts are based on streaming the video directly from the content hosts website. That's what makes this project so awesome and painful. If the site changes how they host the content, the script is broken until this awesome group is able to repair. If only i knew more python or the ffmpeg stuff, I'd be more involved in the scripting process.
(2013-06-04, 18:13)slices Wrote: In order to play newer full episodes on abc you'll need a custom xbmc build with ffmpeg compiled for openssl of gnutls. The only build I've seen posted is a raspberry pi one.

ABC and ABC Family are working with the stable version of XBMC XAF custom build for Android.
(2013-06-04, 18:39)kcslimmers Wrote:
(2013-06-04, 18:13)slices Wrote: In order to play newer full episodes on abc you'll need a custom xbmc build with ffmpeg compiled for openssl of gnutls. The only build I've seen posted is a raspberry pi one. We need a way of making this clearer though.

Do we know if this type of ffmpeg build is in the todo list for the XBMC team?

Is there a way to get a standalone copy of FFMPEG.exe so i can run the command myself and have the stream downloaded to local file? Looks like the modifications you, AWESOME PEOPLE, have done allow it to at least parse the new changes of the site and get the necessary information.
In the long run, I would love the ability to save a selected show episode to local location. This way i can watch it whenever i would like to without the time restriction the sites put on their content. Is this capable?

On other channels, i am able to take the link to the m3u8 file and send it to a standalone copy of ffmpeg and save it out. I think i'm missing a few settings to do this with the new methods you all are using... any pointers? I'm using the latest Zeranoe FFMPEG build (which shows its built using --enable-gnutls) [http://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/]

From what i can tell from the abc.py files, it looks like it grabs the specific content information and then stores it in the cache/play.m3u8 file... i'm assuming i can simply pass that as my m3u8 file to FFMPEG like: ffmpeg.exe -i "C:\Documents and Settings\SLIM\Application Data\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.free.cable\resources\cache\play.m3u8" "test.mp4"
It starts to go but then ends up with an HTTP Error 403 forbidden

Thoughts? Anything that I can do to help?

It's a feature that's been asked for in a number of threads.

The problem with building in download support that I can see is that it isn't very portable. Would only work on environments with ffmpeg and rtmpdump installed.

As for using ffmpeg to play the play.m3u8 file that should work, zero and myself did something similar while testing. It may be an expiration issue try playing it within 2 minutes of the fie being created.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SUPPORT] Free Cable - US station aggregator7