same Playbackvolume on different files
Star 
hello,

i watch musicclips rather than listening to mp3s. most files are *.vobs, some are *.mpg but they all have different volumes. its so strong that sometimes i nearly get an heart attack and the other time i think i am deaf Wink

would be great if there will be a solution in the future.
i thought of different ways to resolve this problem.
here are my solutions

1) like nero burning rom (when burning mp3s) xbmc could create a loudnessfile of the track and amplify it to 0db. since this takes some calculationpower and time a file could be saved with the information so that it only need to be calculated once.

or

2) you can set the amplification for all the videos in the settings option. it would be greater if you could set it for a specific file.
then i could set clip a to -1db and clip b to -12db. the information for each file will be stored in a settingsfolder or a *.xml file which will be updated when entering a directory (new files) or if i delete a file.

or

3) a plugin which compresses the signal. (like some receivers do in late night mode). but this will manipulate the sound. think its not recommended.

what do you think about it? its not to heavy (at least solution 2)) to programm it i guess.

greetings from germany,

manuel a. :o

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
same Playbackvolume on different files0