XBMC Error: Unable to create application. Exiting.
I got this because I had left a tail -f (using cygwin) running on the log file.
I got the same issue using pulsar.. needed to kill pulsar to be able to run xbmc again
There's no substitute for experience
I also got this running win 7, with pulsar still running in tasks, just start task manager and kill pulsar!!!!! Then restart again!
I was able to resolve the "Unable to create application. Exiting." error by cleaning my disc. First, Kodi wasn't saving settings and deleting files from my library wasn't working. Then it wouldn't start at all, and when I tried to start from terminal I got the aforementioned error. Turns out I was just low on disc space.

Hope that helps! If it does you some good, please leave me some "Reputation" points Smile
After several days of trying to fix this issue on my laptop from help forums to youtube nothing worked. I decide to uninstall Kodi using Revo Unistaller (regular uninstall does not work for this),then did a fresh install and now my Kodi is up and running again. Revo removes programs and hidden files related to the program right down to registry entries so I think that is the key.
I downloaded a free copy of Revo Uninstaller so don't pay for it. I had previously tried removing using control panel and then reinstalling Kodi but I got the same error message.
Hope this helps some of you:-)
hi i had the same problem. its happen when guisettings.xml get corrupted. easy way to fix it is delete guisettings and profile file. after i deleted these two file kodi was working fine but you might have to fix your custom skin settings.
I have had this several times with Kodi 15.2 and 16 alpha 4 on Windows 8.1. Trying it a few times helped. I don't understand the logic behind it.
Don't you just love post number 3 on this thread?

It effectively says "Yes, I know you are in trouble. Lots of people have been in trouble before you. And I know how to help you, but I don't care. From your supplier".
Okay. I had this problem and nothing I found on forums fixed it, including deleting the .xml files.
This is what I did and it worked.
Detete whatever kodi you have. Download the install file for the version you want but do NOT install it.
Use 7-zip to extract all the files to a directory; mine was Kodi-15.2-Isengard.
Int that directory find the subdirectory $TEMP and click on it.
The following 4 steps is what I did (all 4 may not be necessary but do them anyway).
1. run as admin dxsetup.
2, 3 & 4, run as admin the vcredist_86 executables in subdirs 2008, 2010, and 2013 and check "repair" each time.
After you do this, Kodi will run right from there. However I just moved the directory to c:\program files (x86) and renamed it kodi.
Kodi is running for me now with no problem.
My guess, is, some third party app messed with the vc files, but I don't know for sure.
I do know that after doing the above steps, Kodi launched and ran with no problems.
Russ
Thanks Russell
This is the wrong solution. Do not follow this.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2015-11-05, 01:44)shahinfarcry Wrote: hi i had the same problem. its happen when guisettings.xml get corrupted. easy way to fix it is delete guisettings and profile file. after i deleted these two file kodi was working fine but you might have to fix your custom skin settings.

This worked for me. Thanks!
(2016-01-24, 00:18)Martijn Wrote: This is the wrong solution. Do not follow this.

So, what's the defacto solution then ? I refrain from imagining shaking you warmly by the neck.
Just started happening on Krypton Beta 2 tonight. I have tried the solutions above to no avail. I guess a re-install is in order.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Error: Unable to create application. Exiting.0