Linux How to upgrade to 3.4
Hi,

I'm sorry that this probably isn't quite the right forum but I'm not sure which other to post in.

My linux knowledge is failing me, I am having some serious audio/video out of sync issues (Openelec latest and TVheadend 3.2.34) so want to upgrade to TVheadend 3.4.

Am I right in thinking that I apt-get remove tvheadend then just freshly apt-get install it, and that there Is no way of keeping the config?

thanks in advance.

cable guy
Lounge rig: nVidia Shield - Official Kodi
Bedroom rig: Amazon Fire TV - Kodi 17.3
Backend: HP Microserver, Ubuntu, JBOD
I don't think so - apt-get is Ubuntu-alike, and you can't use that on Openelec. If you were on Ubuntu, then an apt-get upgrade would update tvh and keep your config - a removal and reinstall would, as you say, likely destroy your current config.

That said, what version of OE are you on? Are you still on the 3.0.2 in your sig? I thought the current release (3.0.3) came with support for tvh 3.4, although I could be wrong.
Sorry I described my setup terribly. I am running Openelec 3.0.3 on the Frontend, and XBMCbuntu on the backend.
Normally config is kept when you take those steps. Debian/ubuntu only clear out your configs if you purge as opposed to remove.

But there should be no need to remove. simply
Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install tvheadend
should update to the current version. If you want to see what version will be installed you can add -V to the install command. If you want more info about what will be installed and from where do
Code:
apt-cache policy tvheadend
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
If apt-get upgrade or apt-get install tvheadend doesn't get you a newer version, have a look here: https://tvheadend.org/projects/tvheadend...epository,
great thanks so much, it worked and upgraded it. It didn't save my muxes but it wasn't so hard to re input them.......bizarrely it even found some more muxes!! :-D

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to upgrade to 3.40