Solved Video drops to 4 FPS when running DTS-HD
When I enable the option "DTS-HD capable receiver" and then try to play a video that has a DTS-HD stream my video drops to ~4 FPS. When I disable this option the video plays perfectly. The Intel Management Engine Interface driver is installed. The receiver (Onkyo TX-NR717) is supposed to be capable of DTS-HD playback, so I'm not sure what the problem is...

When the video is playing with the DTS-HD option disabled, the receiver lists the audio source as DTS (not sure if this is helpful or not). I have tried both WASAPI and DirectSound - there was no discernible difference between the two.

Here is my setup:

XBMC -> Receiver -> TV (All are connected via HDMI)

PC running XBMC:
CPU: i3-3220
Video Card: GeForce 210 (ZT-20302-10L)
XBMC Version: 12.2

XBMC debug file: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=24021
MonInfo: http://pastebin.com/19C9bxnJ
All elements of the chain must be able to playback HD Codecs for the audio engine to playback and render correctly. In your set-up the Nvidia card I'm almost certain doesn't support HD Audio, therefore you shouldn't have either DTS-HD or TrueHD options enabled.

Alterantive is to ditch the nvidia if this is currently your primary source and use the intel chip for audio/video playback.

Have a look at the sticky at the top of this board for troubleshooting.
Correct, that Nvidia card does not support HD audio bitstreaming, for Nvidia you need a minimum of a 400 series card for that.
Although why is the Nvidia card fitted & being used? You'd be better off using the Intel HD2500 Graphics in the i3 which does support HD audio.
(2013-06-02, 09:47)steelman1991 Wrote: All elements of the chain must be able to playback HD Codecs for the audio engine to playback and render correctly. In your set-up the Nvidia card I'm almost certain doesn't support HD Audio, therefore you shouldn't have either DTS-HD or TrueHD options enabled.

Alterantive is to ditch the nvidia if this is currently your primary source and use the intel chip for audio/video playback.

Have a look at the sticky at the top of this board for troubleshooting.

That makes sense - thanks!

(2013-06-02, 14:58)jjd-uk Wrote: Although why is the Nvidia card fitted & being used? You'd be better off using the Intel HD2500 Graphics in the i3 which does support HD audio.

My motherboard doesn't have an HDMI port. When I plug in a DVI -> HDMI connector I don't get any video through it. I will order a video card that supports HD audio.
(2013-06-02, 14:54)jjd-uk Wrote: Correct, that Nvidia card does not support HD audio bitstreaming, for Nvidia you need a minimum of a 400 series card for that.

Yeah - I got a 610 card and DTS HD works great now. Thank you all for the assistance!
Hmmm, i have the same issues with my gtx760, runs good for the first 3 minutes and then suddenly the cpu load is around 75% and only 7-8 fps with dts....no problem in playback on bsplayer....
Same advice as OP - see the audio sticky at the top of this board.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video drops to 4 FPS when running DTS-HD0