• 10(current)
Solved Milkdrop 2 for XBMC
Hi,
I have tried Mildrop 2 on Windows 10, black screen, does anybody know if it's supposed to work ?
No problem with Milkdrop 1
Where is link on MilkDrop 2 on KODI (Hellix 14.2) HuhHuh?
(2015-10-08, 21:50)Fist Wrote:
(2015-10-08, 19:41)queonda Wrote:
(2015-10-05, 15:27)afedchin Wrote: For Linux/OE there is ProjectM https://github.com/wsnipex/visualization.projectm

Nice. How to install on KODI android?

I have ProjectM sideloaded to my Fire TV. Works great in Isengard and Jarvis. You can bind the app to a key and call it up from the default visualization screen.

Would I be able to add ProjectM to my Nvidia Shield TV and if so, what do I download and how do I do it, how did you bind the app to a key etc?, I'm using Kodi Isengard 15.2 with Aeon MQ6 on my shield.
No you can't
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2015-11-22, 16:51)Jay La Funk Wrote:
(2015-10-08, 21:50)Fist Wrote:
(2015-10-08, 19:41)queonda Wrote: Nice. How to install on KODI android?

I have ProjectM sideloaded to my Fire TV. Works great in Isengard and Jarvis. You can bind the app to a key and call it up from the default visualization screen.

Would I be able to add ProjectM to my Nvidia Shield TV and if so, what do I download and how do I do it, how did you bind the app to a key etc?, I'm using Kodi Isengard 15.2 with Aeon MQ6 on my shield.
´First of all, ProjectM is not the same as Milkdrop so you are posting in the wrong thread, (Milkdrop is DirectX/Direct3D = Windows only).

All binary addons, which all visualizations addons for Kodi are, needs to be compiled specifically for each OS platform.

You can not copy a binary addon from Linux to Android, and you can not copy a binary addon from Android to Linux, or from Windows to...
My current 17.x nightly build has no option for visualization feature, or customization. There's not even a section in the repository for Visualizations yet.

I don't think the issues mentioned here are necessarily Milkdrop specific.
(2016-08-15, 13:33)MrBozack Wrote: My current 17.x nightly build has no option for visualization feature, or customization. There's not even a section in the repository for Visualizations yet.

I don't think the issues mentioned here are necessarily Milkdrop specific.

Did you ever get it working? I just installed 17.x and I'm having trouble finding a working copy of ProjectX.
This is still around in Krypton final on windows. No visualization available or downloadable Sad
or you didn't look hard enough
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I looked in the settings sections of playback==>Music. It shows no visualization availaible. In Addons==>Look & Feel there are also none. I had milkdrop installed but after the Update to Krypton I cannot find it as an option. I can however see it in my user's addons, but it's marked with an "x". They are all marked with an "x".

Edit: I had to manually activate them in the user's addons sections. Now I can pick them again and they're working.
Thanks, DarkHelmet. Manually enabling them fixed it for me, also.

On both my machines, the upgrade from 16.2 to 17 installed the visualizations, but didn't enable any of them. I did try copying the \Kodi folder to a new location and staring it with -p just to see if it was profile related. Neither did reinstalling overtop fix it.
HP Stream Mini w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> Toshiba 37"
Intel NUC8i3BEH w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> LG OLED55C3PUA -> S/PDIF -> Sony HT-CT80
Dell Optiplex 7050 Micro w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> Yamaha RX-V467 -> HDMI -> Toshiba 47L7200U
this is caused by the new addon-manifest.xml stuff. anything which was not installed from a repo or is not in that file will not auto-enable. i feel your pain, it drives me absolutely bonkers while trying to develop add-ons.
Since there is no direct messaging via GitHub:
Could someone add an options dialog to the Milkdrop2 addon, like the one in the old Milkdrop1 addon? Can some code be reused?
It should let us configure the graphics quality, preset folder(s), order, duration and transitions.
Even better would be some additional hotkeys to show/hide preset name, have some bindable keys for prev./forward preset, delete current preset, the number of available presets, a preset history with timestamps, ...
I want to quickly delete an ugly preset while it is running or even if I was a few seconds too late (so the history would be helpful).
Is there any way to get this addon to work similarly to the way milkdrop did in winamp where by you could allow input from line in or other playing sources...

I use software squeezebox players connected LMS. As a front end on my TV's i use the addon xsqueeze and it would be nice to visualizations that react to that source.

Perhaps it is as easy as having a INI file where by you set the audio input source or something rather than relying on the kodi music list.
Hi all,

My Intel NUC is running Windows 8.1 (x64).  I just did a fresh install of Kodi v19 RC1, having previously been using Kodi v18.9.  I'm trying to add Milkdrop2, but it's not listed when I search the Kodi repository.  When I browse the Wiki online and look at the Matrix add-on repository, I see it listed here:

https://kodi.wiki/index.php?title=Catego...s#mw-pages

Has Milkdrop2 been disabled for Matrix?  If not, is there any way to manually install it?

Thanks!
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Milkdrop 2 for XBMC3