Pi crashes, loses guisettings
Hi,

Openelec has taken to crashing once a day. It's a hard freeze, usually when navigating menus, and everything stops responding. If I SSH into the box and reboot, guisettings seems to shit itself and revert to the default settings. Nothing else is affected, just a reset to Confluence skin and a loss of everything in guisettings.xml.

I'm not sure what's causing the crash, or how to easily reset the settings. At the moment I have a .img of the SD Card, which I reimage, but it takes ages. It works fine, until the next crash.

Any ideas on what causes the crash, or how I can reset the xml file? If there's any more details that'd make a diagnosis easier, lemme know.
The crash is most likely an insufficient power supply or too high an overclock.
http://elinux.org/R-Pi_Troubleshooting#T...r_problems
Hmm, have replaced the power supply with another. Upgraded to a class 10 SD card, too. Have no USB devices plugged in. Seems to happen completely at random, but usually when browsing menus.
Back up guisettings.xml and copy it back after a crash.

What is the powersupply? How many mA
I'd look at the following items:
1) Power supply (as others have indicated). You might use a volt meter to check the voltages on both the 5VDC and 3.3VDC GPIO header to see if there are fluctuations. Besides replacing the power supply, what about the power cord from the power supply to the rpi? My first cord was fine for charging a cell phone but not for powering my rpi so I replaced it with a new one which made a difference.

2) What version of OpenELEC are you running? You should add that to any posting when you are discussing a possible software issue.

3) As mentioned before, are you overclocking? If yes then maybe to it at stock frequency for a few days to see if that was the problem.

4) Is your rpi in a very enclosed case? I ask because maybe there is too much heat build-up. I added heatsinks to my rpi and there is a lot of airflow, and even then my CPU temperature is 120 to 130 F. I feel that is high but all runs very well.

5) Was there ever a point where OpenELEC did run day after day?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pi crashes, loses guisettings0