"Various Artists" - language translation and mess up
Are any of the other platform builds that jenkins can create of use to you @Uatschitchun (or any one else)? It can do Linux I think, but not sure what you need to do to install the resulting output, and Android and OSX. If I ask Milhouse nicely I might get a RPi /LE varient.  Does v19 even run on Win XPHuh? Eek, no idea. Look I'm a db guy right, and not a platform/hardware  one, I trip over really easy outside my comfort zone.

Anyway I have  PR almost up, but I need it pointed at some foriegn/mixed language music collections and used with Kodi set to some other language as proof of concept. I my mono-lingual world all is happy, then again it always was.
If a nightly would suffice, I'm able to test from here:

https://launchpad.net/~team-xbmc/+archiv...ter=bionic

I would also be able to build from a git checkout myself. Jenkins doesn't build "binaries" for Linux afaik. A Milhouse build would not be ideal, as I'm testing on my laptop.
Nightlies are made from merged PRs, I need to test before merging. I didn't know we had PPAs of nighlies though, that is interesting, I wonder what makes them?

Quote:I would also be able to build from a git checkout myself
Great. PR is here https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/16944  build library from empty and see what happens Smile
Ok, I've checked out the VariousArtists branch and did test.

I added a mixture of Various Artists albums (with and without MBID). Prior to scanning in, I've set kodi to german. The releases with MBIDs are not translated by Picard to "Diverse Interpreten", but I tested one album explicitly on that.

Result:
All albums with MBID=89... are under "Various Artists".
The album with MBID that got translated by Picard to "Diverse Interpreten" also finds itself under "Various Artists"
All albums without MBID (those have "Various Artists" as albumartist) are under "Various Artists" 

One album (musicbrainz.org/release/ff261153-7137-4ac4-9ad2-06112c02a18a) has albumartist "Soundtrack" (done by picard's Soundtrack-Plugin) and finds itself under "Various Artists", too, as albunartistis Various Artists, still.

So I checked with other Soundtracks and the all do appear under Various Artists cause of the albumartists. Re-checked with 18.4 and it's the same there, so I need to find a way to set albumartists to Soundtrack, too (rewrite the plugin?!) for to differentiate them.

Conclusion, working here Wink

Anything else to test?
Thanks @Uatschitchun , that is a good start. I need to gve some thought to what happens when adding to an existing old library, scanned before this change. You started clean, as I asked, but I need to check consequnces if you started with a library with multiple language variants of VA. Clean-up will require a full re-scan, but I want to avoid index conflicts if the user chooses not to do that.

Soundtracks - why on Earth mess about with album artist name to differentiate these from other albums? What about film soundtracks by an artist e.g. "Star Wars" by John Williamns and LSO, don't you want them to be see both as a sountrack (along with those that are a collection of tracks by various) as well as under the artist? My advice would be to stop using the Picard Soundtrack-Plugin leaving album artist as VA (or the artist), and either indicate you have a Soundtrack in Genre or put Soundtracks on a separate music source (or both).
(2019-11-20, 00:28)DaveBlake Wrote: I didn't know we had PPAs of nighlies though, that is interesting, I wonder what makes them?

wsnipex
(2019-11-21, 10:46)DaveBlake Wrote: Thanks @Uatschitchun , that is a good start. I need to gve some thought to what happens when adding to an existing old library, scanned before this change. You started clean, as I asked, but I need to check consequnces if you started with a library with multiple language variants of VA. Clean-up will require a full re-scan, but I want to avoid index conflicts if the user chooses not to do that.
Should I test something in this regard?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Various Artists" - language translation and mess up0