Win No PlayDisc option with virtual drive
When I loaded some DVD image file with the build-in "load" function of Windows 8 and started XBMC, I couldn't find the "Play Disc" button anywhere. The best I could remember, it's available when I inserted a physical CD/DVD. So my question is "Is Frodo capable of recognizing virtual drive?". Thanks in advance.
Never tried to use a virtual drive in XBMC but why don't you let XBMC handle the image file. I suppose the image is an ISO. XBMC can read ISO files out of the box. Just add the folder/s with the ISO/s to your library and you can start your movie direct from there...

btw... here is a wiki on supported file formats in XBMC:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Fea...at_support

2.2.2 Video player

XBMC uses a video-player 'core' for video-playback called "DVDPlayer". This in-house developed cross-platform media player was originally designed to play back DVD-Video movies, and this includes support native for DVD-menus, (based on the free open source libraries code libdvdcss and libdvdnav). DVDPlayer is based on FFmpeg and today supports all widespread mainstream formats. One relatively unusual feature of this DVD-player core is the capability to on-the-fly pause and play DVD-Video movies that are stored in ISO and IMG DVD-images or DVD-Video (IFO/VOB/BUP) images (even directly from uncompressed RAR and ZIP archives), from either local harddrive storage or network-share storage.
(2013-06-03, 16:33)futuro Wrote: Never tried to use a virtual drive in XBMC but why don't you let XBMC handle the image file. I suppose the image is an ISO. XBMC can read ISO files out of the box. Just add the folder/s with the ISO/s to your library and you can start your movie direct from there...

Thanks futuro for your reply. I was just wondering if XBMC could handle virtual drives, and as you pointed out, it's unnecessary as long as it had the ability to deal with image files directly.
Disable the physical drive and test if the virual drive is recognized. IIRC, xbmc will recognize only the first optical drive.
(2013-06-03, 16:33)futuro Wrote: Never tried to use a virtual drive in XBMC but why don't you let XBMC handle the image file.

While DVD .iso's work fine in XBMC, BD .iso's suffer from some bugs which you can get around by mounting them in a 3rd party virtual drive.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No PlayDisc option with virtual drive0