XBMC Set up Drobo FS, NEWBIE
I have Drobo FS with all (Video AVI, Mkv,Q time etc) media stored over home network. Fuppes is installed on Drobo Apps and Sharing enabled.I have a dell precision 390 running XBMC 12. I am a bit confused how to create/find videos on Drobo through XBMC. I can see/view the Drobo via my win 7/ Snow Leo OSX computers and watch videos / listen to music without any problems.
How does XBMC see Drobo or what is the file path ?.

I appreciate any help, thank you
Chefed70
any helpHuh??
I will help you tomorrow, sleep time right now and am on phone. I have a Drobo FS myself.

Basically just add the smb shares as sources as explained in the xbmc wiki. You should know the IP address or name of your Drobo.
First of all, although you can use Fuppes to access your media via UPNP on other systems, you would likely get a better experience when using XBMC with the Drobo fileshares.

The wiki page Video_library/Adding_media_sources (wiki) explains how to navigate the menu to add a video source.
You want to either browse to the SMB share your Drobo offers or type the full path as smb://droboname/sharename

As you can see on the top right of that page, it is part 2 of a howto explaining how to add sources and set content.Make sure you read the other pages as well, there is some useful info there.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Set up Drobo FS, NEWBIE0