2nd Command-Line Open Fails to Start Video
Hi,

When I use the OS X command "open" in Terminal with the path to a video file, XMBC starts up and starts playing the video. If, after that, I repeat the process I end up in XMBC again but the video I specified does not start playing. If I exit XMBC each time, it also starts playing each time. This seems like a bug in XMBC. VLC does not exhibit this problematic behaviour. Is there a work-around?

Thanks!
Huh, I was unaware that worked at all in Mac OS X. I knew that Windows could open and play a specific file, but I thought they were the only ones that had work done for this feature. Maybe one of the devs snuck it in and can tell us more :)
Yes, using the OS X "open" command is one of my favourite features as I spend about 90% of my time in front of any computer using a command-line unless I am watching animé that is. For me it is literally a "show stopper" if that doesn't work. I hate doing file manipulations using a GUI. Having XMBC load files with "open" when it is already running would be nice.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2nd Command-Line Open Fails to Start Video0