Linux pi ISO playback
Hello all,

I just purchased a raspberry pi over the weekend and thought I would attempt to make a cheap fontend for my xbmc setup. I tried out raspbmc and it seems kinda slow and I couldn't get my .ISOs playing even with the playDVD script.

I decided to install arch on my pi and then install xbmc from there. I have it installed and I was able to get .ISO DVDs to play sort of. Using upnp to find my backend and then trying to play .ISOs fails but if I mount my backend drive with nfs on the pi and then play the movie it will work. Now some movies don't work and it is kinda tricky to get the ones that do work to play but once they do they play flawlessly. I believe that the problems I am having has to do with menus

So here are my questions Why can't I play the .ISOs from upnp but I can with nfs? Does anyone know what work is being done on .ISO playback and menu functions? And most importantly has anyone managed to get this to work with all .ISOs?

I know there are other threads and forums talking about this stuff but I can't seem to find any saying why the pi can't play .ISOs and I haven't seen anything about .ISOs working with nfs or upnp.
How to play DVDs and ISOs - it's a long thread, but the important method is in the initial posting(s), with the latest version 0.4.0 obviating the need to run shell prerequisites separately. There are also postings there, later, relating to various problems that users have had, including the need to sometimes have the sources mounted locally for the process to work.

I've been using smb over my local network for playing files, and also mounting a shared DVD device using smb to play stuff from DVD directly.
ISOs are covered here (but I don't understand how to create these for DVDs, as the comments on formats say ISO is only suitable for rendering CDs, as DVD format is totally different)

Derek
Derek
I believe enabling "Attempt to skip introduction before DVD menu" (in settings/viideo/dvds) may help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
pi ISO playback0