• 1(current)
WIP Arctic mk. II
Rainbow 
NOTICE: Arctic has moved to the skin wip forum

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=170954

Please post in that thread from now on. Big Grin
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Looks good! So much good mod work coming from Black's original skin. Will give it a whirl Wink
Very nice! I love the views (especially the banner plex one), great work.
Wow, a mix of Alaska and Xperience ! Very well done !
Looks nice! Especially the views in the various sections are great. Will give it a try today...
Impressed great work !!
any help would be appreciated

"i have installed the xbmc skin Experience 1080 and love it. I am confused about the "Ongoing TV Shows" though. As mine just displays a spinning wheel like its loading but nothing ever displays "
Just a stab in the dark but have you got any episodes in TV Shows marked as watched yet?
(2013-06-05, 21:07)LeeG Wrote: Just a stab in the dark but have you got any episodes in TV Shows marked as watched yet?

I just installed a fresh copy of the firmware on my pivos and the skin. I deleted all previosu data so no i dont beleive i have any tv shows as watched. Is that what "ongoing tv shows" is looking at? Watched episodes?
First impression after a quick review... Like it, readability is great as well as the views that have been added. Only I think that the frame that is used e.g. around the different tiles, icons and windows is a bit thick and too much 3D. Now the homescreen looks a bit like an Apple version of xperience. But of course that is a matter of taste...

(2013-06-05, 21:21)Perfectdark Wrote:
(2013-06-05, 21:07)LeeG Wrote: Just a stab in the dark but have you got any episodes in TV Shows marked as watched yet?

I just installed a fresh copy of the firmware on my pivos and the skin. I deleted all previosu data so no i dont beleive i have any tv shows as watched. Is that what "ongoing tv shows" is looking at? Watched episodes?

Ongoing shows will give you pictures of show that you are recently wachting. Go to a show, start an episode and scroll to the end. Once you have one episode with a watched flag, xperience will add it to the Ongoing Shows section.
or highlight an episode, bring up the context menu and mark it as watched. Next time xbmc boots it will pick up that you have started watching shows.
Thanks everyone! There is still a lot to do until I'm completely happy with it, but I just thought I may as well share what I've done so far.

(2013-06-05, 21:22)futuro Wrote: First impression after a quick review... Like it, readability is great as well as the views that have been added. Only I think that the frame that is used e.g. around the different tiles, icons and windows is a bit thick and too much 3D. Now the homescreen looks a bit like an Apple version of xperience. But of course that is a matter of taste...

Thanks. Big Grin I know what you mean by the borders. I really wrestled with the idea, but ultimately I wanted to create a sort of mashup of Alaska and Xperience rather than just a slightly more rounded version with a few tweaks and new viewtypes (also I think the "Rainbow" mod does a pretty good job of providing a lighter version of Black's skin). I do have a dark version without the thick borders, but it's not really finished enough to release and certainly not a priority.

However, I am thinking about removing the "gloss" overlay (the curved sort of highlight in the top right corners) on the tiles and posters etc. Or at least adding an option to turn it off, because I think I actually prefer it without.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Beautiful Mod. Blush

rss is not visible.
Beautiful !!!! LaughLoveNod
I love this mod man keep it up not to say i don't love blacks original but the alaska mix is nice
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic mk. II6