• 8(current)
Release Songza Music Plugin
Travis, Do you have a working version I can install in Kodi & in Gotham?
Cheers
Does it not work? I'm pretty sure I tested on Gotham
working great on Gotham for me
(2015-01-19, 16:09)avens19 Wrote: Does it not work? I'm pretty sure I tested on Gotham

I've got it installed and running in Kodi (on my Amazon Fire TV Stick) and it works... kinda. I'm able to play songs from some playlists (Popular/Trending, Browse, Recent) but fairly often, Kodi will just crash on me when I am in this plug-in. It crashes most when I use "Concierge," as I drill down the 3-4 menus to get to a chosen playlist. Which is a bummer because Concierge is my favorite feature of Songza.

I'll also add that I use 15-20 other music add-ons in Kodi, and have yet to experience this sort of crash in any other add-on.

I do love this plugin (thanks so much for making/sharing it!) Songza and Kodi are two of my favorite things, it's great to see them working together. Let me know if there's any more info I can provide to help troubleshoot.
Ya if you could post your debug log file from one of these crashes that would be awesome. Instructions should be on the kodi wiki
Okay, will do. I'm back from a trip and diving back into the troubleshooting. I looked at kodi.log but didn't see any mention of "songza" during the time of the crash. Is there another debug log file or text string I should be looking for?

Thanks!
"Exception" or "stack trace"
Hi all,

New here but was hoping someone could help me get the songza add-on on my Kodi which is currently installed on an Amazon Fire TV. I do not have an external hard drive that I can just download the zip onto then connect to the fire TV. Is there a way I can just add a source and then install from zip from the newly added source?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!
Hey kushpsu,

sorry for the delay in replying, I've set up something that will work for you. Follow these steps to install the repo and addon:

1. Go to the File Manager (submenu item of System)
  2. Select Add Source
  3. Enter http://xbmcovens.cloudapp.net for the path and give it a name
  4. Go into Settings and Addons
  5. Select Install from zip file
  6. Select your new source and install repository.byalongshot.zip
  7. Go back to Addons and select Get Addons
  8. Select ByALongShot's XBMC Addons
  9. Select Music Addons
  10. Select Songza

That should do it! Good luck!
Love Songza. My wife loves it more. .... It worked awesome on OpenElec 4.x, but after upgrade to OpenElect 5.0.5 Helix I can't see the add-on in the .zip repo I downloaded. Strange thing it works fine in Helix Kodibuntu.

is there a different version of the add-on i should be looking for? I'd hate to go back to OpenElec 4.x...

HTPC is Kabini quad core - tested both kodibuntu and openelec on the same machine...

thanks!
(2015-03-02, 21:10)tiwing Wrote: Love Songza. My wife loves it more. .... It worked awesome on OpenElec 4.x, but after upgrade to OpenElect 5.0.5 Helix I can't see the add-on in the .zip repo I downloaded. Strange thing it works fine in Helix Kodibuntu.

is there a different version of the add-on i should be looking for? I'd hate to go back to OpenElec 4.x...

HTPC is Kabini quad core - tested both kodibuntu and openelec on the same machine...

thanks!

Are you doing similar steps to my last post? Worst case you can just install the addon directly via the zip file instead of through the repo. Note that you won't get updates this way. The link for the addon zip is below:

http://andrewovens.com/xbmc/addons/plugi...-1.1.2.zip
I see the post for adding the repo showed up after I had tried with the zip file off my network share. I will try tonight. I had downloaded the zip file a few days ago both in Kodibuntu and openelec. Hopefully this works Smile thank you! I'll report back tomorrow. cheers.
No luck. I followed the steps and successfully added the repo rom cloudapp. But when I go to add the add-on the repo looks empty. Nothing there. Same problem I had with the zip I downloaded... but songza showed up with kodibuntu.

the openelec version i'm using is 5.0.5 which is Kodi version 14.2 Beta with a build date of Feb 27/15. Kodibuntu was version 14.1 - are you aware of anything in 14.2 beta that might cause the repo to appear empty?
(2015-03-03, 17:54)tiwing Wrote: No luck. I followed the steps and successfully added the repo rom cloudapp. But when I go to add the add-on the repo looks empty. Nothing there. Same problem I had with the zip I downloaded... but songza showed up with kodibuntu.

the openelec version i'm using is 5.0.5 which is Kodi version 14.2 Beta with a build date of Feb 27/15. Kodibuntu was version 14.1 - are you aware of anything in 14.2 beta that might cause the repo to appear empty?

Try to do a "Force Refresh" of the repo from the context menu
Well, after a lot of messing around and a few back and forths between different openelec versions and kodibuntu versions - I went back to an old version of openelec (4.2 I think) for a while so wife approval would stay high. I'm now running a full ubuntu 14.04LTS install with Kodi Helix and everything works as it should. Songza works, and so far my HDHomeRun works great as well. Now to get MythTV working... Smile

Many thanks for your suggestions and advice. Cheers.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Songza Music Plugin3