• 10(current)
Release Songza Music Plugin
yeah. this is where i get confused.

i feel like i'm using the songza account i set up. i created a username and password.
should i be using the username or e-mail address?
-------------------------------------------

okay, i just changed my username and password, and I'm still getting the same error.

any suggestions?
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
Just the username. I'm not sure what to tell you Sad. If it's a Songza account ("Sign In With Songza" on the website) and it works to log in on the website, it should work here too
Thanks! Works great. A++++ would dl again.
The JSON RPC is reporting that items played by Songza have Notifications.Item.Type = 'movie'

Do you know how you could make this show 'song' instead?
What call are you making to JSON RPC to get that information? As far as I can tell, Notifications have nothing to do with the currently playing item. Player.GetItem will get the currently playing listitem which is the thing that I'm populating with all of the pertinent information.
First off, love this plugin! Been using it on my Windows box for a while, and its pretty much the only music addon I need.

However, I'm having the same issue Fofer and Watermouf are having on the Fire TV Stick-- the plugin crashes Kodi completely when drilling down through the menus. If I can get the music started, it usually keeps playing until I start navigating menus, and within a few clicks Kodi will crash. I'll try to post my debug log when I get home, but in the meantime, were you ever able to find a fix for the other users with this issue?

EDIT: Hmm, can't seem to recreate the problem now. I'll mess around with it and post the debug log when I can recreate the problem.
Sounds good man, I'd love to find the issue so I can get it fixed! Glad you like the plugin
All right, I've been messing with it for a week or two now and can't recreate the problem consistently enough to catch it in a debug log. Usually restarting Kodi, then exiting "properly", the restarting Kodi again fixes the issue, but it hasn't been happening too often. There is another bug, though, that seems to sometimes prevent commoncache from starting (I get a warning on Kodi startup), and when I get that error, Songza will only play 1 song then stop playing music. Again, this hasn't happened often enough for me to catch on a debug log, but I thought you should know.

Thanks again for all your work!
I am on kodi helix. I have tried both byalongshot xmbc addon and songza addon from this link:
http://addons.tvaddons.ag/show/plugin.audio.songza/

When I select:
songza > genres > classical and opera
songza > genres > country

kodi will be killed.

What is wrong?
Should I removed these two plugins installed from zip file an use the link provided in this thread instead?

Thanks.
I did find how to remove the addon from the system menu.

However, even with the addon from this thread, I still have the same problem.
I can't reproduce this error. Please post a debug log
My mom loves this addon! got her a firestick and it does seem to crash on first run, and then on random runs after wards, I looked thru the log file and nothing seemed out of place other than the last line which im guessing / hoping is what is making it crash.

line reads as " 19:37:48 T:1669420176 ERROR: virtual bool CImageLoader:Big GrinoWork() - Direct texture file loading failed for special://temp/songza/1748767.jpg"

no other lines after that or pertaining to songza above that, I confirmed that if you do a clean wipe and just install songza by itself on the firestick (perhaps other android devices) it will crash on first run of playing anything, altho you do get to the very last submenu before it does crash.

Hope this helps lot, would love to get it working on firestick! Let me know if i can help with anything else.
Hmm ya it looks like it might have to do with the cover art. In the addon setting can you try setting the Thumbnail Size to off?
Turning off thumbs seemed to create same results, I want to say 1 out of 3 (maybe 1 out of 4 times it works). I realize this doesn't help much, and perhaps the last line I posted before may be a red herring. I will post a full log in the next 48 hours, but afraid it wont help much as that was really only line pertaining to songza and as stated was the last line. If you would like I can send you my private info and give you live remote access to the android box via VNC/teamviewer, so you can replicate and view log in realtime.
I'm just about to head on a 3 week vacation. Get me what you can in the meantime and I'll look when I get back Smile
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Songza Music Plugin3