can't unzip a big zip file
hi guys !

i tried to re-use the xbmcscripts.py script for downloading and installing a big zip file. this file is about 60mbytes syzed.

download part works perfectly, unzipping works perfectly for a test zip file ( a zipped python script) but does not work for this 60mb zip file...

i can't really be sure that it does not work for my big zip file but i prefer to be sure before going further...

can someone tell me more about this ? maybe enderw can tell me if zip file has to be made in a special way... (for his xbmcscripts.py )

i thank you all in advance...
alexsolex
hi,

it's been half a year since i worked on this script so i can unfortunately not remember much about it. i used a code snippet i found on the inet for unzipping files, and it should work no matter how the zip file is made. in the unzipping function itself there's no checking for a .py inside the zip as far as i can remember, but this you should be able to read out of the code. it could be that the zip lib doesn't handle so large objects, but i'm certainly not sure. i know this isn't of much help, but at least you now know that the code snippet is not made for a special kind of zip files.
xbmcscripts.com administrator
thanks a lot for this answer...

i will go on this script later as i spent a lot of time on it without any success...

in fact, i donwload correctly the zip file, but it looks like it hangs when it should store it as a file (in the correct path). so the file it correctly stored in the cache folder but can't store it where i want...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
can't unzip a big zip file0