Up- or downgrade version 3.4 on OpenElec
I have been experiencing a few issues with the TVHeadend 3.4 version which is included in OE 3.0.3. This includes TVHeadend not being able to find all channels. When talking to a few other people who also have my same provider (Ziggo in the Netherlands) they told me that it was because of TVHeadend 3.4 and suggested me to down or upgrade TVHeadend. How can I manage to do so in OpenElec? I'm kind of a Linux noob so please tell me.
I don't know that you can, without (a) switching to a different version of OE, or (b) building your own version of OE.

<pauses to check>

It *might* be the case that tvheadend gets installed when you install the relevant addon, so changing the version in the addon means that you'll get a different shaped binary. Have a look at this thread:

http://openelec.tv/forum/79-tvheadend/52...-or-add-on

... so it may be that you could use one of the 3.2 versions here and install them via a zip file. I'd take a backup first, though, or be prepared to break something unless you're prepared to do a good chunk of reading first!

EDIT

Actually, I can see that the last post in that thread is yours, since it's the same as the one above... that said, the rest of the thread is still relevant, and you may have some luck installing an earlier addon.
I don't think anything has gotten fixed in the master branch since version 3.4. You should try to get to the bottom of why it doesn't detect your channels before considering upgrading.
Thanks Prof Yaffle. I'll try to remove the current 3.4 version and install the 3.2 version with a zip file. Hopefully that will work!
Managed to successfully get it to work by installing the 3.2 version you suggested. Thanks a lot Prof Yaffle!
Excellent - can you please edit the title of this thread to include SOLVED and also possibly edit it to be something like "... on Openelec"? That way it'll be easier to find for anyone else.

Glad it's fixed for you, though.
Still having a slight problem: in the 3.2.18 version I installed some channelsdo not work well, they are constantly buffering. Already checked the signal strength and that seems to be fine. I keep getting errors in TV Headend when I tune in to these channels:

MPEG2AUDIO @ #909: Continuity counter error, 47 duplicate log lines suppressed

I've did some searching and this seems to be an issue with the 3.2.18 version. Is there some place where I can download other ZIP installer versions of TV Headend for OpenElec? The only one I can download through OpenElec itself is version 3.4 which doesn't work at all.
I'll have to pass, I'm afraid.

There's some information on building your own version here and here, but other than that it's a case of reaching for the nearest Google...
Thanks again Yaffle! I'll try that one.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Up- or downgrade version 3.4 on OpenElec0