Organising Media
I just finished the huge task of renaming and organising all my files ready for XBMC. I discovered the MQ4 skin and I'm loving it. Looking through the MQ4 sticky I saw a mention of movie sets. I understand that it groups all the movies that are part of a trilogy for instance together.

So can someone quickly explain how it works and will it require hours and hours of work to sort out..

I have TV and Movies in separate folders and named in the fashion that is talked about in the XBMC wiki

Movies/Movie (year)/movie.ext

TV/Tv Show/Season/Tv Show.sxxexx

I was hoping that the file structure stays the same and the skin groups them together but doesn't move them from the source folders.

Please enlighten me Huh
First, to ease your mind, skins won't change your file structure. There is an option in XBMC settings that will allow the application to change file names based on scraped information, but that is DISABLED by default, and I've never heard of a skin enabling it, not sure that's even possible.

Movie set info is based on meta data, so once XBMC scrapes your Star Wars movies it will just know to group them in a set. That happens at the application level, it won't move your files around.

If you want to change how your movies are grouped, and generally you won't ever need to, atleast I haven't, I know you can do that through a Web Interface like XWMM, which I use for changing movie genre information.
Thank you for the reply!

I'm however using Media Centre Master to get metadata, so I'll swing over to their site and ask around.

What are the extra files needed for movie sets for?
Sets are scrapped by pretty much every xbmc scrapper by default. So unless you are using custom nfo's, you just need to activate the sets option.

In MQ4 this is under the video settings I believe (although could possibly be skin settings), and the option is named something similar to 'group movies into sets'.
My fanart.tv & themoviedb.org accounts.

(2013-06-07, 00:33)Westane Wrote: First, to ease your mind, skins won't change your file structure. There is an option in XBMC settings that will allow the application to change file names based on scraped information, but that is DISABLED by default, and I've never heard of a skin enabling it, not sure that's even possible.

Movie set info is based on meta data, so once XBMC scrapes your Star Wars movies it will just know to group them in a set. That happens at the application level, it won't move your files around.

If you want to change how your movies are grouped, and generally you won't ever need to, atleast I haven't, I know you can do that through a Web Interface like XWMM, which I use for changing movie genre information.

Thanks for all the help... I just wanted to check a few things before I continue. Will the following guide be a good one to follow to do what you suggest above??

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/33873/con...ovie-sets/

I see that movie set data is scrapped by the XBMC scrappers by default, but what would be the the best way to go about things if I've used Media Centre Master to get my metadata instead of the generic scappers.

I've apparently got to install a few extra files for my MQ4 skin to allow movie sets.

So I guess I just want confirmation on if that guide is ok for Frodo 12.2 and that I'll be able to get the movie set covers.
That guide looks pretty dated to me.

If you are using custom NFO's then I would assume you just need to a add line for sets.

See here.

Failing that you could use the tagging option in Frodo to group the movies.

Personally I would just sack off the metadata NFO's that ember creates and let the universal movie scrapper do it all automatically for you.

It's very customisable, so you can gather practically any info you want when the movie is scrapped.

Also, you shouldn't need to add anything to get sets working in MQ4, just turn on the option in the settings.
My fanart.tv & themoviedb.org accounts.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Organising Media0