Win Seamless branching movies issue
Hello !

XBMC 12.2
My OS: Windows 8 64bit (tried also on Windows 7 64bit)

I have a two issues with blu ray seamless branching movies (i.e. Alien Anthology and many more) with internal player.

1. Such movies are cut into many files and every time when there is a file change video is jerky for a second or so.

2. Also external subtitles are completely out of sync in such movies.

I know that I could use makemkv and merge movie into one file which fix both of my issues but I would like to play a movie straight from an original disc without need to rip it to hdd.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Are you using "Play Disc" to view the Blu-ray, or using "Video>Files" to play the files in sequence from the disc?
Have you tried viewing them with a set-top Bluray player, and not gotten the jerky playback?

It might be related to the disk seeking.
(2013-06-07, 19:16)derekjason Wrote: Are you using "Play Disc" to view the Blu-ray, or using "Video>Files" to play the files in sequence from the disc?

I've tried both "Play Disc" and Video (selected index.bdmv and playlist corresponding for main movie).
Same results.

(2013-06-07, 19:20)jhhoffma Wrote: Have you tried viewing them with a set-top Bluray player, and not gotten the jerky playback?

It might be related to the disk seeking.

No, it's not disc related. I copied all disc to my hdd and while playing also video isn't smooth during file change for seamless branched movies.
I also tried selecting external player, MPC HC and it plays such movies flawlessly, but I would like to use internal xbmc player.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Seamless branching movies issue0