File Dates in My videos file listings
read wiki and did multiple searches so hope i didn't miss an answer somewhere.

is it possible to add the files dates to the listing that shows file name and file size in the my videos display? my 7 year old watches shows that i've recorded with sage and we keep a lot of episodes of certain shows and he likes to know if anyting new in a series has been recorded, easiest way to tell is by file date (which was displayed when we were using a hauppauge mediamvp.) would even potentially like to be able to have two views, one by name and one by date (most recent first.)

any tips greatly appreciated.

thanks
if you change the sort criteria to "date", it should show you the date on the right column when the view type is list.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
got ya, did that and it's very close to what i wanted except all the files show the same date and it's in 1970Huh

any ideas?

thanks very much.
when the files were copied to your xbox that was the date set.

if you xbox is on a network where it is accessable to the internet enable the time server (i use time.apple.com) and it will reset your clock properly everytime xbmc is started
i'm not moving anything to the xbox, all files are stored on network shares (smb.) does this mean it can't get file dates? have set the time and set the time server.

any thing else i should look at??

thanks
set the time on your pc.

you need to update the modified date on the files. try copying them to another directory.

(anyone know if there isa touch command on win32?)
a quick google search found this which has touch along with a host of other useful unix tools: http://unxutils.sourceforge.net/
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
so, the time on my windows box is right and always has been. files show proper dates when looked at from windows or freebsd. any idea why xbox shows something else (again it shows the same date for every single file?)

some files are on my windows box and some are on a hard drive attached to a linksys nslu2.

i'll try something (touch or copy/move) to get the files to have new times on my windows box, but i don't think that will do anything. many of those files are brand new, written in last couple of days by sagetv my pvr software.

thanks
ive had no problems with dates on my smb shares right up to the very latest build.
though i am using samba for linux and on windows smb file sharing. perhaps someone else can test that
i saw some notes about the pre 12/6 build having issues showing incorrect file sizes, could i be suffering a related problem? seems likely as i also see wrong sizes.

a friend did my first install, but i'm going to setup the dev environment this weekend and do an update, hopefully that will resolve this.

thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
File Dates in My videos file listings0