Hot Switching Audio Devices
I know I am kinda beating a dead horse here but I am trying to figure a few things out about why we can not switch audio outputs through a hotkey or external command.

I have used XBMC for several years now and have a almost flawless setup, but I still do not fully understand some of the core functions that XBMC uses.

For example, when you switch audio outputs from the Settings GUI you must be issuing some command that changes the output from the video player. how hard is it to issue the same command from somewhere else. I use eventghost. which is commanding xbmc via JSON-RPC. The best option would be to be able to set the audio device by name or device ID.

So I guess my question is, is this impossible, being ignored, or being worked on. If this is being worked on I would be all over the nightlies to get the function.
I always thought it did Hot Switch since EVERYTHING else does. However, I only watch movies hooked up to my 70 inch at school. When I came home and tried to do the same thing in the kitchen on my laptop, it just wouldn't work. Then I realized hot switching does NOT work. I wish it did something we should look into.

I'd love for my XBMC HTPC to all be laptops so that they could be fully functional pcs you can take on the go as well, but alas, it doesn't work that way.
For me, I have a stationary home media center. At times I want to just listen from the TV itself over HDMI. Save the power of running the receiver. Then movies I want the receiver and music I want the receiver but through an analog output so I can use the Zone B speakers. EventGhost can do this if XBMC have a json-rcp command.
If I am reading this, http://xbmc.org/natethomas/2013/06/03/xb...ay-cycles/ , right it seems like we will be able to so this soon.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hot Switching Audio Devices0