need help on overheating
my system is overheating and causing blue screen need help on a low profile cpu cooler. Currently using stock fan. it has to be a low profile, quiet as possible and do much better than the stock fan. I am in the US. Thanks guys

here is my setup

AMD A8-3870K CPU/ SilverStone ML03B/ASRock MB-A75M /Seasonic SS-400ET/Corsair XMS3 4GB
My HTPC AMD A8-3870K CPU/ SilverStone ML03B/ASRock MB-A75M /Seasonic SS-400ET/Corsair XMS3 4GB
What cpu cooler are you currently using? If it's overheating with that case then I would suspect the cpu cooler wasn't installed well. Did you use thermal compound? Did you use too much or too little? Did you get the heatsink flush and not too tight or too loose?

If you want to try a new heatsink/fan, then I can tell you the Scythe "Big Shuriken 2" fits great in that case, is nearly silent and does a great job keeping that exact APU cool. Your setup is pretty much identical to mine as you can see in my signature.
HTPC 1 - AMD A8-3870K, ASRock A75M, Silverstone ML03B, Kingston HyperX 4GB DDR3 1866, Crucial M4 64GB SSD
HTPC 2 - HP Stream Mini, 6GB Ram
unRAID 6 Server - Intel Celeron G1610, 20TB Storage

+1 for the Scythe BIG SHURIKEN 2 Rev B (SCBSK-2100)
http://www.pugetsystems.com/store/item.p...m=d41d8cd9
Just wanted to throw this in since you did not mention it...
How do you KNOW your CPU is overheating and/or the cause of the BSOD? Many things can cause it.

Also, no airflow problems in your case? Dust buildup, wires covering fans, wires caught in fans so they don't spin, dead casefans...
Of course you probably have checked all this and verified CPU overheat. I mention it simply because I would hate to see you spend money and still have the problem.
My first HTPC build
My UnRaid Server
Kingston rebates and ASUS warranties are WORTHLESS FRAUDS
(2013-06-09, 16:20)outatouch0 Wrote: Just wanted to throw this in since you did not mention it...
How do you KNOW your CPU is overheating and/or the cause of the BSOD? Many things can cause it.

Also, no airflow problems in your case? Dust buildup, wires covering fans, wires caught in fans so they don't spin, dead casefans...
Of course you probably have checked all this and verified CPU overheat. I mention it simply because I would hate to see you spend money and still have the problem.

yeh i know because fan is just flying and the heat is incredible case is very hot i mean very. ive had this setup running for about a year no issues until now except the fan has always ran loud

(2013-06-09, 06:31)Mick1152 Wrote: What cpu cooler are you currently using? If it's overheating with that case then I would suspect the cpu cooler wasn't installed well. Did you use thermal compound? Did you use too much or too little? Did you get the heatsink flush and not too tight or too loose?

If you want to try a new heatsink/fan, then I can tell you the Scythe "Big Shuriken 2" fits great in that case, is nearly silent and does a great job keeping that exact APU cool. Your setup is pretty much identical to mine as you can see in my signature.

its the stock fan and as far the cpu cooler being installed correctly there has been no issues for a year now, as far as the thermal compound used what came with it i feel that i put on enough to cover the cpu evenly

(2013-06-09, 12:44)eskro Wrote: +1 for the Scythe BIG SHURIKEN 2 Rev B (SCBSK-2100)
http://www.pugetsystems.com/store/item.p...m=d41d8cd9

so this should cool the cpu better than the stock fan

will this one work having a hard time finding Scythe BIG SHURIKEN 2 Rev B (SCBSK-2100)

SCYTHE SCSK-1100 SHURIKEN REV.B CPU COOLER

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SCYTHE-SCSK-1100...5d33a71963
My HTPC AMD A8-3870K CPU/ SilverStone ML03B/ASRock MB-A75M /Seasonic SS-400ET/Corsair XMS3 4GB
Overheating is unlikely to cause a blue screen of death. I made a mistake and put an A6-3500 cooler on an A8-3870K (The looked almost the same, I didn't notice that one was much thicker!). While it would over heat it would in no way cause a blue screen to death, it would simply shut down around 97'C in an effort to protect itself from critical harm.

I think a blue screen of death could be more likely caused by other issues. What temperatures are you even seeing?
Nice, you're using the ML03B case.
I've used both of these coolers and they do the job!

The Scythe BIG SHURIKEN 2 Rev B. 5-Heatpipe Universal Low Profile CPU Cooler,...and the
Cooler Master GeminII M4 - CPU Cooler with 4 Direct Contact Heat Pipes

Another thing that could cause over-heating is something getting lodged int he CPU fan.
One of my first builds would shutdown a few minutes into use.
I'd turn it on its side, open the case and not see anything.
Close it up,..turn it on,..same thing.
It turns out a stray wire was loose and just happened to swing into the fan when turn on its side.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
need help on overheating0