Help with thumbnails on shared db system
I'm running 12.2 with a mysql 5.5 db on two systems, my desktop and a HTPC (OpenElec).The db seems fine, but my tv episode thumbnails aren't in sync. My desktop (linux) which does xbmc admin is fine. The problem is the htpc where only some tv ep thumbnails, are present; however if I refresh an episode with a missing thumbnail, it suddenly appears.

I tried a centralized Thumnails directory:

Code:
<pathsubstitution>
   <substitute>
       <from>special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/</from>
       <to>smb://myshare/media/video/Thumbnails/</to>
   </substitute>
   </pathsubstitution>

With this, all is well on the desktop, still missing thumbs on the htpc.

I tried placing a copy of my Thumbnail directory from the desktop pc on the htpc ... no joy, still missing thumbnails on many tv episodes.

What I have done that works is export the library. Is this the only solution? I dislike having the individual nfo and jpg files. Thanks for any help.
adbLink The Kodi Companion. Available for Windows, Mac & Linux.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...and_fanart

"You can skip this step entirely if you are using XBMC v12 "Frodo". Frodo will automatically take care of thumbnail caching on each client for you and keep them in sync. Sharing thumbnails and fanart via path substitution can make loading the library significantly slower. "
Thanks for the reply. Re-reading from your wiki link showed me I missed the step of copying the Textures13.db database from my admin PC to the HTPC. Doing that seems to have fixed things.
adbLink The Kodi Companion. Available for Windows, Mac & Linux.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with thumbnails on shared db system0