XBox + XBMC + HTPC = XBMCBox
Wink 
Hi everyone,

This is my first post here Blush

I like this forum. Plenty of great tutorials and tips on XBMC hardware and all.

I have recently resurrected my old Xbox, replaced its guts with an AMD FM2 motherboard and use it as my HTPC. I must say this forum gave me many inspirations to undertake a project like this.

Here is how the front looks like:

Here is the back.

And here is the internal hardware:

I have blogged more about this in detail here:
XBMC + XBox + HTPC = XBMCBox

Just thought of sharing this with everyone here.

Cheers
Joseph
Nice work Smile
wow, looks really nice! The look is a bit dated for me, but it seems you really did a very good job building that, congrats Smile
Thanks guys for your kind comments.

Yes. The old XBox does have a dated appearance. It is afterall more than 10 years old. I guess I enjoyed a case of nostalgia when I resurrected the box in my living room :-)
i think its fantastic! congratz! its a piece of ART!
Thanks Eskro Smile
Looooks really nice...
Congrats.... Smile
It might look dated but its where XBMC was born! Still have mine under the TV, though it never gets used....
+1 to that! Smile

That's why I have named my xbox XBMCBox Smile
Very cool.
I love the faithful use of port locations :D
Hi, how did you use the disk tray front cover?
i've got a old xbox lying around and would love to try this.
Also do you think i will be able to use the xbox power supply? all i need is power to the motherboard.

Thanks
H
Thanks teeedubb and Ned for your comments. I am glad you guys like it Smile

Hi hmally123. The DVD front cover is basically just double sided taped to the chassis. I use a fairly thick tape so the thing is fairly secured. Not much risk of it becoming dislodged easily. Reusing the Xbox power supply.....hmm....I don't think it is that easy. I seem to recall that the original XBox motherboard has a different power supply pin...I could be wrong. I bin the Xbox motherboard and power supply so I couldn't check this. I would say the best bet is some form of slim power supply if you are not keen to get the Pico.
Thanks for getting back. would this work you http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ATX-20-Pin-Fem...3a7a6cec45
Hmm...it might work but I m really not sure.....give that it is relatively inexpensive it's worth a try I guess good luck!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBox + XBMC + HTPC = XBMCBox0