Operation TImed Out
Hi folks,

I'm using both an ATV2 and Raspberry Pi running XBMC. The ATV2 specifically is v12.1 (Mar 17, 2013) and the Pi must be fairly up to date.

I was connected to a Windows 7 PC which I rebuilt by cloning the main system drive, but the two data drives were just copied. I also connect to another Windows 7 PC which wasn't rebuilt.

Since the rebuild I cannot connect to the first PC. I get an "operation timed out" message. I have removed the original sources and tried to add them back by browsing the SMB workgroup but even get time out messages there. I have rebooted the Apple and the Pi, no difference. I've tried to add the server by IP address, but also get time outs.

The second PC is still fine.

Anyone got any ideas as to why this is happening?

TIA
OK, brain failure. Could have sworn I'd rebooted server, but a reboot fixed it.
Ok, so I'm having a similar issue.

XBMC v11.0 (EDEN) running on my ATV2 working fine. Then suddenly my media pc isn't connecting to the network (and no internet) so I cannot play anything.

I then tried a number of options - finally got the media pc back on the network and the ATV2 can see the file share but still doesn't play anything.
When I try to access the SMB source it does the usual "working" and then I get "Operation timed out."

Also remember that I'm not too technical and everything I've done with my setup has been with online help. I initially battled to set things up but finally got them to work... until now.

Here's what I've tried so far to fix the problem with no luck:

Rebooted everything... router / switch / media pc
Tried switching off Airplay as someone recommended online
Tried adding the source using the IP instead of the name

Any other thoughts?
My next idea if there are no other suggestions is to clean out the ATV2 and start form scratch with the XBMC installation but that seems a bit drastic (and time consuming) so I'm hoping someone can offer a solution.

Thanks.
OK so I formatted my Windows 7 machine. Seemed like the right time to upgrade to Windows 8. Smile
Didn't pick up the media machine until I added it to the HomeGroup and then everything was fixed.
Apple TV plays everything like it used to!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Operation TImed Out0