Regex's for a MediaPortal User
Hi Community,

I'm a MediaPortal User for years now, because I'm a Windows User and until now everything was fine.
But now, in days where more and more android mini pc's come up, what is great for living room or bedroom, I want to change to XBMC.

The only problem I have is, that I have a huge lib of movies, series and music that is not compatible to XBMC search algorithmens.
But to reorganize my complete lib would cost months of work, so it would be great if someone could give me the right regex for the advancedsettings.xml that fits my libary.
I think for someone who can write Regex this would be very easy.

My Movies are saved like this:
**Path**\MOVIENAME\Moviename or some nonsense name.EXTENSION

So, the correct Movie name is EVER the directory name which contains the movie file.
The movie file is often not named correctly.

To that Topic a question, what should I do for remake cases, like "Total Recall", both movies (The one with Arnold Schwarzenegger and the one with Collin Farrell) have the same name.
In MediaPortal I put the production year into the directory name, is this fine for XBMC also?

TV Series:
**Path**\SERIES\SEASON\EPISODE.EXTENSION

Since MediaCenter applications like XMBC, the name of the file is totally uninteresting for me, so I decide to have it very simple.
Example: **Path**\Game of Thrones\1\12.mkv

Thank you in advance

Kind regards
(2013-06-10, 07:50)SharpNoiZy Wrote: My Movies are saved like this:
**Path**\MOVIENAME\Moviename or some nonsense name.EXTENSION

So, the correct Movie name is EVER the directory name which contains the movie file.
The movie file is often not named correctly.
When setting the content there is an option, "Movies are separate folders that match the movie title". Selecting that will use the folder name.
(2013-06-10, 07:50)SharpNoiZy Wrote: To that Topic a question, what should I do for remake cases, like "Total Recall", both movies (The one with Arnold Schwarzenegger and the one with Collin Farrell) have the same name.
In MediaPortal I put the production year into the directory name, is this fine for XBMC also?
Depends a lot on how you add the year. It needs to come after the title and be contained in some form of brackets unless there's ignorable junk after it. The latter part can be altered in your advancedsetting.xml, but it would still always need to be after the title.

(2013-06-10, 07:50)SharpNoiZy Wrote: TV Series:
**Path**\SERIES\SEASON\EPISODE.EXTENSION

Since MediaCenter applications like XMBC, the name of the file is totally uninteresting for me, so I decide to have it very simple.
Example: **Path**\Game of Thrones\1\12.mkv
How do you name multi-episode files?
Assuming the format is compatible:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <tvshowmatching action="prepend">
     <regexp>[\\/]([0-9]+)[\\/]([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)$</regexp>
  </tvshowmatching>
</advancedsettings>
If the multi-episode naming isn't compatible, that can be fixed also.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Regex's for a MediaPortal User0