Solved Get Ember to work in sabnzbd, how?
I have tried to use the following guide from generious, but I can't get Ember to work no matter what I try. I followed this guide:

(2012-03-19 12:51)generious Wrote:
I use couchpotato and ember and sabnzbd
Couchpotato to find my films and move them from the default folder to a drop on my nas, once this has been completed then ember starts to scrape.
Couchpotato also downloads the trailers for the selected films.

Ember and SAB and Couchpotato details are in here
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9745941/SAB/SAB%...w%20to.pdf

This guide assumes you have ember configured already and pointed at your film location ( I use a temp directory before I move the films into my central location, as I have different categories such as action films, drama, kids, war and so on )

So the full setup is
SAB saves them in C:\Users\userid\Documents\Downloads\complete\movies
couchpotato moves them to w:\drop ( this is a share on a nas )
Ember is configured to look at W:\drop
Ember scrapes them in w:\drop
then I move them into the relevant folders on the nas
I haven't found a way to move say action films into action films directory yet but I'm working on something that will read the nfo and look for the genre tag and then move them into the folder this is still a work in progress.

Contents of the batch file
C:\Ember\emm.exe -newauto -all
TIMEOUT /T 120
taskkill /IM emm.exe /F

The timeout /t 120 is so it waits for ember to finish scraping once completed it will wait for 120 seconds before checking if the emm.exe task is still running ( sometimes it hangs ) and if it is it will kill the process
( /f is force kill )

I only use ember for films and not for TV show as this is managed by Sickbeard and yes I'm aware that couchpotato can scrape and generate NFO's but this doesn't always work correctly and sometimes I want more details which ember can provide.

I have tried to get a exe file working in sabnzbd and have followed the guide, but but each time my problem is that Ember just run but doesn't update and afterwards I have to kill it.

start "" "C:\Program Files (x86)\theRenamer\theRenamer.exe" -fetchmovie
timeout /T 180
start "" "D:\Programmer\Ember Media Manager\Ember Media Manager.exe" -newauto -all
timeout /T 120
taskkill /IM "Ember Media Manager.exe" /F
start "" "C:\Program Files (x86)\wget\bin\wget.exe" http://xbmc:xxxx@localhost:8091/xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=ExecBuiltIn(UpdateLibrary(video))
END

Any ideas?
I think the command line is broken in .13
If you think I'm useful please use the +/- button to raise my reputation
I have checked my version and it is .10 but it has been a problem on all the versions I have tried...
I'm using command line to scrape for new movies which is working, so that should not be the problem.
Do you have any other suggestions or could you perhaps try it out.
Is command line broken?
Where can I find a list of commands?
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
I think is broken, check the source code
If you think I'm useful please use the +/- button to raise my reputation
Its working...:D
(2013-06-23, 08:09)Lunatixz Wrote: Its working...Big Grin

Really? Which version and did you do anything special to get it to work? When I tired I couldn't even get Ember to start via the command line.
Latest build, cmd works... Ran a file monitor and saw it create nfos n art...
(2013-06-24, 09:49)Lunatixz Wrote: Latest build cmd works... Ran a file monitor and saw it create nfos n art...

Not to be stupid, but what do you mean "build cmd"? Do you mean 1.3.0.13, or are you compiling your own some how?
Lunatixz - OK, I see you changed punctuation to clarify your post. I now assume cmd=CLI? What command did you run to get it to work? In .13 I just ran:

"Ember Media Manager.exe" -newauto -all

and the splash screen appears and says "command line scraping" and then closes. No files are ever created. Am I doing something wrong?
Can one of the devs confirm if Ember works correctly from the CLI. I know Lunatixz says it works for him, but I can't get it to work and he hasn't given any further information like what command he used. So it would be nice to get some confirmation on this.
BumpHuh
The command line you posted earlier works, just remember that the -newauto is for movies not existing in embers db so for this to work do not enter ember and perform update library, if you have added movies to embers db but not scraped info/art use the -missauto -all command. Here is a copy of the bat file I use.

Code:
start "" "D:\Ember\Ember Media Manager.exe" -newauto -all -nowindow

REM Command lines
REM -------------
REM -fullask
REM -fullauto
REM -missask
REM -missauto
REM -newask
REM -newauto
REM -markask
REM -markauto
REM -file
REM -folder
REM -export
REM -template
REM -resize
REM -all
REM -nfo
REM -posters
REM -fanart
REM -extra
REM -nowindow
REM -run
Can this work on a qnap?
(2013-07-03, 01:40)bry- Wrote: Can this work on a qnap?

No, Ember is a windows program

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Get Ember to work in sabnzbd, how?1