EMBER - does not scrape movies! why?
Firebird,
in this way you are using TWO scrapers.

Version 1.4 is in source form only, DanCooper working on it to create the first release.
If you think I'm useful please use the +/- button to raise my reputation
(2013-07-01, 18:04)m.savazzi Wrote: Firebird,
in this way you are using TWO scrapers.

Ok, so since I am looking to get the nfo and the images is this the process I should be following:
Select only the Ember Native Movie Scrapers for data - run that to get the nfo for all of the files that are missing it
Then deselect the Ember Native Movie Scrapers for data, and select the same one but for images and run it again

Because I found that it starts scraping fine when both are selected, but as soon as it gets to certain movies, then all movies scanned after that will not be scraped. The only way I found to get around that is to highlight a bunch of movies (making sure that one of these problem movies is not included. If i do that, the scraper goes through and gets the data. but if there is ever a problem movie, then it will no longer download the images or data for good movies.
Still nothing on my end. .nfo is the only thing that will scrape. No matter what I choose. Ember TMDB does nothing. Won't scrape either way I pick.
Ember native for NFO works sometimes. Pics only = nothing. The XML does nothing.

No matter what setting I change on what version, even on a clean install, I get
Message: Access to the path 'C:\Users\McButton\Desktop\Everything\Ember_1.3.0.13\Ember_1.3.0.13\Ember_1.3.0.13\AdvancedSettings.xml' is denied.

Even if I run as Admin...even though I shouldn't have to. No antivirus, no firewall. TV works fine for everything no matter what.

If I clean wipe and install...once in a while, I can scrape a few fine, then it freaks out. I even tried old versions of Ember, and the same deal. Multiple PCs, multiple years coming back and trying. No dice.
Got a .NET framework error. Downloaded a new version. Fixed my Ember problem for 2 scans. Back to not working :\

I noticed DEFAULT file types work. <movie>-fanart.jpg but not FANART.jpg. <movie>.tbn but not movie.tbn. If you have multiple .tbn file types select = .NET error. I only need fanart.jpg, <movie>.nfo, and folder.jpg. Luckily for me, none of what I need will populate, but some of the stuff I don't does. I could always do bulk rename, but...seriously.

Thumbgen does ok, but Ember looks nicer. Work!
(2013-07-04, 17:32)McButton Wrote: Message: Access to the path 'C:\Users\McButton\Desktop\Everything\Ember_1.3.0.13\Ember_1.3.0.13\Ember_1.3.0.13\AdvancedSettings.xml' is denied.
I get this error every time I change a setting. I don't think this is your problem. (I also don't think it's a true error, since my changes always get saved.)
Switched to XBMC tonight for scraping and export to file. I use a Boxee box, but would really like to just have XBMC on my TV. Not sure how to do all that, but Boxee it is for now.
I'm having a similar problem, I'm trying the scrape the nfo for about 1000 movies, it does about 30 then just stops scraping any more, it goes through the motions but never actually does anything.

I can scrape them one by one fine just not in bulk

EDIT: So it looks like I have found the problem with mine, if I click cancel at the search result screen because I dont want a certain movie scraped, that breaks it and causes the problem above
In my case, it seems to be due to the fact that if the scraper hits a movie that it can't scrap it just bugs out. Also, it just seems to be terrible in general at accepting a match.

So the only way I can scrap movies is to set it to 'ASK' and then it bugs me for pretty much every second movie (all my movies are named fairly cleanly and Boxee for example will match 99% of them correctly with no other information or input)

For example of Embers bad matching I'm talking about, if you have;
(note, this movie will auto scrap... but if scraping is set to 'ASK', it will pop up for confirmation)
Argo (2012) (Extended Cut) (YIFY).mp4
The scraper apparently can't decide what movie it is. It searches for 'Argo' and finds 2 EXACT matches 'Argo (2012)' and 'Argo (2004)'

I've had movies that find only ONE EXACT match (and no partials), same year, etc, etc. and the scrapper STILL won't accept it as the correct match and also wouldn't auto scrap.
(2013-08-13, 14:33)Data-Cain Wrote: In my case, it seems to be due to the fact that if the scraper hits a movie that it can't scrap it just bugs out. Also, it just seems to be terrible in general at accepting a match.

So the only way I can scrap movies is to set it to 'ASK' and then it bugs me for pretty much every second movie (all my movies are named fairly cleanly and Boxee for example will match 99% of them correctly with no other information or input)

For example of Embers bad matching I'm talking about, if you have;
(note, this movie will auto scrap... but if scraping is set to 'ASK', it will pop up for confirmation)
Argo (2012) (Extended Cut) (YIFY).mp4
The scraper apparently can't decide what movie it is. It searches for 'Argo' and finds 2 EXACT matches 'Argo (2012)' and 'Argo (2004)'

I've had movies that find only ONE EXACT match (and no partials), same year, etc, etc. and the scrapper STILL won't accept it as the correct match and also wouldn't auto scrap.

Remove this "Folder/File Name Filter": [\W_]\(?\d{4}.......

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EMBER - does not scrape movies! why?0