Hardware requirements for Deinterlacing / Scaling ?
Hi folks,

atm I'm using a Geforce 210 (vdpau enabled).

I discovered, that only the settings

"Deinterlace: Inverse Telecine / Bob
with
"Scaling: Bilinear / Nearest Neighbor"

are handled free of stuttering, at least with hd channels / video material 1080i / 720p. Especially upscaling seems to be the problem, so using Bob and Bicubic won't work.

Is that correct, do I need a more powerful gpu ?

Greetz

LastCoder
HTPC Specs: Silverstone GD05B Case, ASUS P8H61-M LE/USB3, i5-3470S, GT1030, 8 GB RAM , 2 TB HDD, iHOS104 BluRay Drive, TT DVBS2-1600, Sony PS3 BD Remote control
PS3 BD Remote Control Daemon for Kodi/Linux
UNCHAINED Demo Group
Mainline version vdpau struggles with interlaced content. You should give this version a try:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=116996

ION2 is almost capable of doing temporal/spatial on 1080i@50. Temporal works.
I use gt520m which can do temporal/spatial at 1080i@60. Scaling is set to Lanzcos optimized. Make sure you enable hq upscaling only for > 10%. This avoids unneeded upscaling for 1080 to a 1080 display.
Hi FernetMenta,

ah, thx ! Will mainline be fixed soon, is it a known problem ?

Thx for the upscaling-tip - but where do I find that hq upscaling setting ?

Greetz

LastCoder
HTPC Specs: Silverstone GD05B Case, ASUS P8H61-M LE/USB3, i5-3470S, GT1030, 8 GB RAM , 2 TB HDD, iHOS104 BluRay Drive, TT DVBS2-1600, Sony PS3 BD Remote control
PS3 BD Remote Control Daemon for Kodi/Linux
UNCHAINED Demo Group
The limitation for the upscaling option is only available in Gotham. It's directly underneath the setting for the scaling.

Quote:Will mainline be fixed soon, is it a known problem

vdpau is completely re-written in my branch. We are getting closer to the point when this can be merged into mainline. It requires changes of the surrounding components which we are working on.
(2013-06-14, 09:59)FernetMenta Wrote: The limitation for the upscaling option is only available in Gotham. It's directly underneath the setting for the scaling.

Quote:Will mainline be fixed soon, is it a known problem

vdpau is completely re-written in my branch. We are getting closer to the point when this can be merged into mainline. It requires changes of the surrounding components which we are working on.

Thanks for this post, you managed to answer two unasked questions I've been thinking about. I have a GT520 (not M) too and I've noticed that I can't use Spline36 optimized as scaling method for 1080i channels. I switched to Gotham yesterday so with this new setting XBMC should automatically choose some lesser scaling method on HD channels?

The other question was when these almost mythical VDPAU improvements will make it into mainline. I hope it will be sooner rather than later, hopefully in time for Gotham!

Keep up the good work!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hardware requirements for Deinterlacing / Scaling ?0