OS X De-interlace settings with Intel HD 4000
Hi all!

Can someone give me a good rundown of what each de-interlace setting does in the OSX build of XBMC 12.2 using Intel HD 4000? In the past few days I've been watching some 1080i content at both 25 fps and 29.97 fps, and I noticed that with:

De-interlacing turned off: I get terrible ghosting (so my guess is that something somewhere is doing some sort of blend), not a solution

De-interlacing turned on (Auto): no ghosting, resolution seems okay, but I get a dropped frames every 3-4 seconds (why?). It appears to have the same side-effect as when I manually select Bob.

De-interlacing manually set to:
Weave: combing, not a solution
Weave (inverted): constant jitter, not a solution
Bob: dropped frames, not a solution
Bob (inverted): constant jitter, not a solution
Blend: ghosting
Software Blend: ghosting and seems even more blurry, would like this setting explained
De-interlace (half): looks the best out of all the settings, seems to maintain most of the vertical and temporal resolution, no dropped frames either, would like this setting explained

And my last question is, does it matter to these settings if VDADecoder is enabled or not?

Thanks for any help!
I think that any deinterlacing bypasses VDA, but I'm not 100% sure on that. I'm also not sure on the technical explanation on the various deinterlacing methods are.
Thanks for the input Ned, I'm still looking for more detailed information on what the last two settings do exactly.
Okay, I figured why I was dropping frames, it was another program in the background consuming resources, probably teamviewer. Bob now works correctly and seems to preserve the most temporal resolution despite halving the vertical resolution.

But I'm still lost as to what De-Interlace (Half) does, and I'm very curious!
I guess it just throws away every second half frame ... basically reducing the vertical resolution.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
De-interlace settings with Intel HD 40000