Ahh videos play fine on standard video player but XBMC lags like crazy!
Exclamation 
Hey guys,

New to Android media players, XBMC, and the forum!

Have a PC and external hard drive hooked up to the PC. Have the PC hooked up to wireless router via an ethernet cable. Media player runs Android and is hooked up to a TV using HDMI cable and connect wirelessly to the router and thus the external hard drive with the movie media/content.

I can navigate to the movies using the 'Network' app and play the videos using the standard video player on the device and they play great! Smooth, clear, perfect!

XBMC however is a different story. Every single video no matter the resolution lags. It's choppy and plain yuck. I've tried all the different audio settings and video settings and no luck, they all don't play properly. I even plugged the media player straight into the router to see if it was a wireless signal issue and same result, lag all over the show. And using the wireless the videos play perfect through the standard media player anyway.

Running XBMC 12.2.

Is anyone able to tell me what the heck is going on? Why is XBMC making my videos play like crap?

Please help Smile

Much appreciated, thanks.
See Android FAQ (wiki), mainly http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...are_decode

Check out the test builds here for "catch most" hardware decoding support: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=152005
That makes very little sense to me Smile please enlighten me? I've tried both HD and low res movies, all play fine on standard player on the device, but with XBMC 12.2 they ALL lag, not just the HD one.
(2013-06-14, 13:28)nzhardcore Wrote: That makes very little sense to me Smile please enlighten me? I've tried both HD and low res movies, all play fine on standard player on the device, but with XBMC 12.2 they ALL lag, not just the HD one.
use this one http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/andr...bi-v7a.apk though after the new update even these have some annoying stutter
Thanks for your reply but I contact the crowd I purchased the player off who sent me a different version of XBMC to try, turns out it was 12, as apposed to the 12.2 I was using. And 12 works GREAT! Smooth as silk. What the hell did they munt in 12.2!?

Thanks guys.
we always munt never versions, that's the open source way Smile
Haha ok well I'm just happy I can now watch my media smoothly without lag and jumping frames wirelessly - the way it is meant to be Smile

Thanks for your awesome software!
(2013-06-14, 13:28)nzhardcore Wrote: That makes very little sense to me Smile please enlighten me? I've tried both HD and low res movies, all play fine on standard player on the device, but with XBMC 12.2 they ALL lag, not just the HD one.

The explanation being that it has taken us longer to get there because we can only use open source solutions, because XBMC is open source software. As you have now found out, there are various experimental builds and such for XBMC, as there are so many different kinds of Android boxes out there that have different methods of video decoding.

Eventually, users will be able to just install XBMC and have it work for the majority of Android hardware, without having to worry about what version XBMC is or what hardware they have, but it just takes time to develop, due to the open source requirement.
RoflI built a small wireless i7 box with 2600 chip and integrated HD 200 graphics to run with Win 7 Home but had terrible intermittent lag problems.Two things I found. I played with video playback choices on refresh and acceleration and it took care of the small mouse lag. But when playing some movies the lag was horrible when a high graphics movie might be fine.

I found that the lag movies showed mono sound in the file details. There is a conflict if your audio output in XBMC is not set to analog that makes the video lag. I set XBMC bank to analog and the movies play fine. Maybe some of the better techies can explain this one better
That has nothing to do with this thread.
(2013-10-06, 23:25)dynorev Wrote: RoflI built a small wireless i7 box with 2600 chip and integrated HD 200 graphics to run with Win 7 Home but had terrible intermittent lag problems.Two things I found. I played with video playback choices on refresh and acceleration and it took care of the small mouse lag. But when playing some movies the lag was horrible when a high graphics movie might be fine.

I found that the lag movies showed mono sound in the file details. There is a conflict if your audio output in XBMC is not set to analog that makes the video lag. I set XBMC bank to analog and the movies play fine. Maybe some of the better techies can explain this one better

You are in an android support thread. Start a new thread in the correct subforum.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I hate to resurrect this thread but I got what I needed from it. Both my Samsung Note 8.0 and my daughters Tab 3.0 7 ran into this issue. After the rollback to a previous version it corrected my video lag issue on both devices. I then got adventurous ran the XBMC 13 beta 2 and it worked flawlessly as well no shutter at all with SD or HD both local and UPnP streamed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ahh videos play fine on standard video player but XBMC lags like crazy!1