Win xbmc won't sleep monitor in dual monitor setup
Hi all,

My media machine is a laptop with the TV being an external monitor. The TV is the primary monitor that has XBMC in fullscreen windowed, the laptop is the second monitor with the windows taskbar. The laptop lid is closed all the time. I use this setup so I can VNC into the second (laptop) screen and admin it as a windows desktop without interrupting XBMC playback.

I've set XBMC to turn off the display after 15 mins but it doesn't turn off. I've noticed that the screen flickers at 15 mins. It seems to try to turn the display off but doesn't.

Has anyone had any issues with sleeping the monitors on a dual setup?

Thanks,
Max
Humm. let me get this straight, you have an extended screen with XBMC on one display (windowed) and desktop on the other... and XBMC will not sleep blank the TV when not in use? From this point of view... a sleep blank would blank across the entire extended display.

Truth be told, XBMC wasn't made for multi-tasking, the fact that some machines do utilize both screens and function well is not by design. You might try a full screen mode on the TV (hitting the slash key, just make sure XBMC is launched after you extend the screen) then set XBMC to use the native screensaver to black the screen..
humm worked just fine in eden.... having the same issue, finally upgraded again to frodo hoping all the kinks had been worked out ;(

dual monitor setup,

dims after one min, then trys to sleep after 5.

the second monitor goes from dim to wake while the first monitor sleeps for a second then comes back on. then xbmc wont ever dim or atempt to sleep again untill whatever menu i am on at the time is changed.

guess im goinging back to eden b4 do a accidental burn in on the plasma seeing the sleep function is junk for a dual monitor setup.
I've since set my screensaver to 15 mins and blank screen, the same as the power down and now my TV turns off! I've not experimented to see if it's just the blank screen screensaver or a combination of them both, but at least it works now. I just don't get the 2 minute dim screen that I used to use.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc won't sleep monitor in dual monitor setup0