Allow file renaming and deletion greyed out
I cannot delete anything that I’ve watched from within XBMC. This problem has been driving me mad now for a couple of days.
My OS is Windows Server 2012 Standard, the machine runs a mysql database and all other XBMC in the home connect to it for the shared library.
I’ve tried changing NTFS permissions and share permissions, because I couldn’t delete any files over the network either, but after altering permissions I can now delete files in the shares from windows explorer, but cannot delete anything from within XBMC itself, on the guest account or new user accounts I create.
The option in settings “Allow file renaming and deletion” is always greyed out, I can’t switch it to on.
I tried using XBMC under the administrator account and the “Allow file renaming and deletion” option is no longer greyed out, delete now works fine, except I don’t want everyone using the administrator account on the machine.
I thought maybe it was a restriction of the guest account on windows, so I made a new user account on windows and when I open XBMC from that too, the option is greyed out.

In guisettings.xml I changed from false to true:
<allowfiledeletion>true</allowfiledeletion>
That setting saves and sticks in the config file, but has no affect when I open XBMC; the option is unticked again and greyed out.

I’ve tried everything I can think of at this point, any ideas greatly appreciated.
I have this same issue, but on a Raspberry Pi. The option is greyed out on a new install, and I can't get it to turn on. I have another Pi where the option is not greyed out and file renaming/deletion works fine. Any hints or suggestions would be appreciated.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Allow file renaming and deletion greyed out0