Plays random trailers from the following sources:
- Users Movie Library
- User Specified Folder
- Apple iTunes
- You Tube (from themoveidb.org)
- Mulitple (any or all of the above combined)
This addon can also be launched as a program manually, (Screensaver does not have to be enabled)
Unlike a standard screensaver mouse move and key press do not exit while trailer is playing.
While the trailer is playing you have a few options.
- Press ENTER or SELECT to play movie of current trailer (Library Only).
- Press Q to add current trailer to CouchPotato
- Press I or UP to display movie info, Press DOWN or I again to hide (Library Only).
- Press X or RIGHT to stop the current trailer and move to the next
- Press ESC or LEFT to exit.
- Screen will go black after last trailer at this time mouse move or key press will exit
how-to install this add-on:
Version 1.1.16 is available to Install from XBMC Official Repo, find it under Programs.
Or get latest test version from my git repo at https://github.com/kzeleny/screensaver.randomtrailers and install from Zip File.
Restart XBMC Before using screensaver as it uses a service that starts up with XBMC.
v.1.1.16 (April 02,2014)
- fixed issue causing crash on startup for some users.
v.1.1.15 (March 08,2014)
- fixed issues with rating limits with unrated movies.
- now pauses trailer when displaying info
- transparent background for info shows dimmed paused trailer.
v.1.1.14 (March 06,2014)
- optimized trailer search on tmdb when rating limits applied
- fixed issue where search count not displaying correctly for tmdb searches
v.1.1.13 (March 03,2014)
- updated filter feature to filter by rating limit for all trailers (previously only iTunes trailers were filtered)
v.1.1.12 (February 12, 2014)
- added feature to play trailers in groups of n with x amount of delay between. Option is set in common settings.
v.1.1.11 (February 10, 2014)
- added feature to tmdb trailers to play only New DVD Releases (List from RottenTomatoes / Flixter)
v.1.1.10 (February 07, 2014)
- fixed issue causing library trailers not to play
v.1.1.9 (February, 05, 2014):
- fixed issue causing crash when movie has non ascii standard characters in title.
v.1.1.8 (January, 11, 2014):
- added ability to play trailers from You Tube. Trailers are located using themoviedb.org.
- added CouchPotato integration, while watching trailer pressing Q puts current movie in you CouchPotato Queue.
v.1.1.7 (January, 5, 2013) :
- added feature to display trailer info for iTunes trailers.
-cleaned up and optimized code
-moved hide info option from library to general settings
v.1.1.6 (December 31,2013) :
- added feature to select tyep fo traielrs form iTunes, Coming Soon, Just Added, Most Popular, Exclusive and All
v.1.1.5 Decembeor 30,2013
- added feature to filter iTunes trailers. you can filter by selected genre(s), and by rating limit. so only play family movies that are rated G for example.
v.1.1.4 December 29,2013
- added feature to play random trailers from multiple sources.
v.1.1.3 December 28,2013
- added feature to play random trailers from Apple iTunes.
v.1.1.2 December 26, 2013
- added feature to adjust volume during trailer playback
v.1.1.1 December 09, 2013
- removed font changes
v.1.1.0 (November 27, 2013)
- updates for gothum compatibility
- added ability to play trailers from a folder rather than the users library
- fixed issue where number of trailers incorrect if hide watched movies selected.
- trailers will now not repeat until all trailers have been played.
- fixed issue where trailers would start playing while music is playing
v.1.0.12 (November 25, 2013)
- added feature if movie title hidden pressing m displays the title for 2 seconds
v.1.0.11 (November 25, 2013)
- added option to hide movie title when playing
- removed malfunctioning password options
v.1.0.9 (july 26, 2013) :
- localized strings for dialogs
v1.0.8 (July 25, 2013) :
- added option to force full screen
v1.0.7 (June 16, 2013) :
- merged program, service and screensaver into one addon
- added option to set number of trailers to 0 for continous playback.
v1.0.6 (June 14, 2013) :
- added arrow controls for remotes without keyboards
UP = show info
DOWN = hide info
RIGHT = next trailer
LEFT = exit trailers
v1.0.5 (June 12, 2013) :
- fixed module import issues. fixed font issues
v1.0.4 (June 10, 2013) :
- improved movie information screen
- added feature and setting to exclude recently watched movies from trailers. Set to number of days after movie
has been played before including in trailers
v1.0.3 (June 4, 2013) :
- added setting to hide movie info during playback of trailer
press I during playback of trailer to toggle info display
v1.0.2 (June 3, 2013) :
- added feature to allow playing movie of currently playing trailer by pressing enter while trailer is playing
- added feature to allow user to press esc to exit, or X to quit trailer but play remaining.
v1.0.1 (May 30, 2013)
- added option to not ask for genre filter
v1.0.0 (May 27, 2013) :
- initial release, includes opitons for selecting genre, nubmer trailers, and to display open and close animation.