v17 Slideshow, picture screensaver problems
A couple of newfound problems;

When picture screensaver is activated, the screen still turns off after some time. I haven't been able to find any way to disable this. Adjusting PC power settings doesn't resolve it.

If a slideshow is started (not screensaver, picture slideshow) home videos saved in pictures folder will also play - as it should. Home videos will not play properly, sound is played normally but the video freezes. Playing the home videos manually works perfectly fine. Is slideshow using a different player?
You might have to try alternate screen savers/slide show programs, most of your issues appear to revolve around 3rd party add-ons and extras. Regarding screen saver timeouts, make sure your o/s system doesn't have one, nor any of your hardware (TV reciever etc) and then of course Kodi. You query would be best handled in the Slideshow, screensaver area, at which point provide further information, the add-on in question, and versions of Kodi and o/s (a proper debug log is always suggested linked to the post).

I'll move this thread along to the add-on area https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=178
I've tested this on a fresh installation of 17.6, the only addon installed is picture slideshow screensaver. Both problems are still present, choppy playback of home videos in picture slideshow (not screensaver). It is not windows or my TV screen that goes into standby, Kodi dims the screen in the same way the "Dim" screensaver does when it is active, so it seems it is overruling the selected picture screensaver.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Slideshow, picture screensaver problems0