can xbmc 12.2 support 10bit video?
Optimized 10bit playback Wink can you make??

Guten Tag
No?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Why Sad Kodi Software decoder is not good by 10bit
(2015-01-09, 14:58)Bigmuscle Wrote: Why Sad Kodi Software decoder is not good by 10bit

You know when you see artifacts in the ones that do "hardware decoding" for Hi10P? That's because they're using the 8bit decoder, which works on some frames of the video, because those frames are the same as normal "8bit" H.264 videos. When ever they come across parts of the video that are Hi10P, then you see the artifacts.

There is no way to have both hardware decoding and remove the artifacts. It's simply not possible.
(2015-01-09, 14:58)Bigmuscle Wrote: Why Sad Kodi Software decoder is not good by 10bit

Because i have not the slightest clue how this could be done.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
No I mean optimized Kodi Software Decoder, because the Software Decoder from other player are better Wink
E.g Can you VLC iOS the Software Decoder is better than from Kodi
By Kodi lag,battery consumption is high(1min 2-4%)
By VLC iOS little lag,battery consumption ok(1min 0-2%)
If it were that easy then the devs would have already done such optimizations :)
Ok and now?? Use you Kodi or other player as VLC,Infuse??
Sometimes I use Kodi, sometimes I use nPlayer, sometimes I use VLC.
Ah ok. Why can Infuse 10bit hardware decoding but with artifact?? What is thas for technique?? Trick?? I mean the playback is smooth and battery consumtion ok.
They can't. It still has artifacts. I tried it myself because I already own Infuse.
I know with artfacts but the playback is very smooth!! Is this trick??
It is broken. It is playing the video back using the normal h.264 "8bit" profiles. We will not intentionally break our player to do the same.
(2015-01-10, 22:13)Ned Scott Wrote: It is broken. It is playing the video back using the normal h.264 "8bit" profiles. We will not intentionally break our player to do the same.

Have Kodi iOS VideoToolBox from Apple?? Because A7/A8 can it supposedly 10bit hardware decoding. And why only for A7/A8 what ist with A6??
Kodi has always used videotoolbox and A7/A8 cannot hardware decode 10bit.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
can xbmc 12.2 support 10bit video?0