New view style for HDeeTV skin
with leonardo's permission, i am posting two screenshots of a little mod i did on hdeetv skin to make it look even more like original meedio skin. this is a full view of your music/video share content with no list on left side. it is fully functional but replaces classic view entirely atm (maybe developpers could integrate a new view in code?!Wink.

this is just a try... post your comments, please.

theres nothing to "integrate" into xbmc from what i can see. the screen layout is entirely the skinners choice. the pm3 skin uses a column on the left for the buttons.

what you did was just expand the thumb and listpanel to occupy all the horizontal screen real-estate, and move the button usually in the left to the top. looks nice though.

the downside is there isnt enough space on the top for all the buttons, but most of them are available in the context menu. the window which would have the most problems with this is the now playing windows which have more buttons than the rest.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Quote:theres nothing to "integrate" into xbmc from what i can see.  the screen layout is entirely the skinners choice.  the pm3 skin uses a column on the left for the buttons.

not if you want to give the user a choice between the classic view and this one. also, such a display might not necessarly work on all screen sizes...
adding a "link" in "switch view" to mymusicwide.xml for instance would make things a bit easier but it might not be that useful after all! :nuts:

Quote:the downside is there isnt enough space on the top for all the buttons, but most of them are available in the context menu.

replacing bttons with small images might arrange that...

Quote:the window which would have the most problems with this is the now playing windows which have more buttons than the rest.

i left it untouched, no worries here but library view acts a little weird...

Quote:not if you want to give the user a choice between the classic view and this one. also, such a display might not necessarly work on all screen sizes...
adding a "link" in "switch view" to mymusicwide.xml for instance would make things a bit easier but it might not be that useful after all! :nuts:

again, i see this entirely as the skinners choice. and with the new functionality being added into the skin for 2.0, the skinner should have the ability to do this using new skin conditionals.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
that's cool! :kickass:

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New view style for HDeeTV skin0