SOLVED: Video playback broken on some files
No idea. Kill the plex media server and everything else, that you don't need to test xbmc, also try to shortly move away your .xbmc directory and retry.

Sorry, no other ideas left.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
this is really f...ed up... What really gets me off, is that some files work perfectly and some dont... I'm thinking the problem lies elsewhere. What do you think? I can also start a shairport server for my stereo, that runs of the onboard soundcard - and that also works perfectly - and doesnøt do any changes i xbmc's behavior.
Long shot:

Use this advancedsettings.xml in ~/.xbmc/userdata/advancedsettings.xml

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<audio>
<resample>48000</resample>
<streamsilence>1</streamsilence>
</audio>
</advancedsettings>
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
holy s... - that did it! You are just beautiful!

What exactly did we do here?
you told audio engine to resample everything to 48Khz(which some AVRs seem to require) and never free up the alsa device in idle.
Thank you so much!

Can you change the thread to solved?
You can do it yourself as you opened it :-)
Wow, I can't thank you enough for this. I've been chasing this problem for a couple of months. Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SOLVED: Video playback broken on some files0