Video freezing while audio continues
I've got multiple dedicated XBMC boxes around my house, and only the most powerful hardware spec one has this issue. Occasionally while watching video (regardless of SD or HD quality), the video playback will freeze frame, while the audio continues to play normally. After a few seconds or so, the video will quickly catch back up and get back in sync with the audio.

All of my media centers are connected via gigabit ethernet, and tie to my server where the mysql library and content resides. I will list the specs of the box that is having the issue below.

Version: XBMC 12.2
CPU: Intel Core i3 3ghz
RAM: 4gigs
Hard Drive: 120gig SSD
Video Card: Nvidia 650 ti (used for HDMI audio as well)
thegamesdb.net - An open video games database.
scottbrant.net - Blog
This issue has been around for years. You can try this: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=116996
Looks like with that solution I might not get HD audio?
thegamesdb.net - An open video games database.
scottbrant.net - Blog
I have the same problem as described, only I use G-box midnight (clone) with android as my XBMC system.
The video freezes every 10-15 minutes, while audio continues - then sometimes video unfreezes and catches up with audio, sometimes it stays frozen, and I have to stop the file, then relaunch it. Sometimes the colors after the "unfreeze" became distorted, which can be fixed only by relaunching the XBMC.
It seems that bigger files (1080p, 8-15 Gb) have this problem more often, but smaller files (720p, 3-7 Gb) still occasionally has it.
It doesn't matter, where the file itself is located - I streamed both from SMB-share and from an external drive - with the same results.
What do I do? I looked for the solution everywhere, but so far nothing.
Disable hardware acceleration.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video freezing while audio continues0