• 43(current)
Release Xbox One Skin

Ohh yeah this is how the Kylo browser looks that i have recently integrated for anyone that doesn't know about it.

Any way to skin Kylo? I've used it before but it was horrendous to look at lol

Any way to skin Kylo? I've used it before but it was horrendous to look at lol
Yeah i know lol, it's quite nice and easy to use but it does look horrible. I've just had a little look at the files and the textures i can definitely edit but i'm not too sure about the positioning of them, I'll keep having a look through them though.

The update has just been released, download links have been updated on the first page!

I am also currently uploading it to github and i should hopefully have a repository soon Smile
Awesome, will test it out when I get home. That would be pretty cool to have Kylo match the skin and look built in haha

Any luck with PseudoTV Live?

I tested out those scripts but I must not be using them right because I'm getting errors with them. I'll let u know the specific errors when I get home as well.
Toyota is this the same as let say the big skin ?

The kylo brouwser gives an py script error

Scrolling on the dashboard goes terrible slow I mean from left to right (from home to pin from pins to home and from home to the store.

Any idea why ?

Rss client addon still gives an error with the youtube addon
@ADHDMedia : Yeah i have been changing it around a little bit, but i haven't done too much to it at the moment.
I'm not sure why you are getting errors with them, do you still get the same error when you right click and run as administrator ?
And do you know which ones are giving you the errors ?

@grote345 : What do you mean by the big skin ?

And have you run the skin setup ? as this should install kylo, set up the scripts and change the way the dashboard scrolls.

Also i forgot to include the fix for that in the skin, first run the setup and then extract this to your addons folder :

http://www.mediafire.com/download/h2h3wv...q6/FIX.zip

You must make sure you extract it to your addons folder after you run the setup or it will just install the other one again.
the rss client fix still gives an error

Strange scrolling after the setup still horrible slow but only on the home screen for the rest it is very fast

I did throw away the guisettings.xml butno change

More strange I did remove the includes_home.xml from the new update and replaced it with the includes_home.xml from the previous to last update and the home screen works like a charm again.
If scrolling works fast again so that is fixed for now Smile

Toyota maybe you can change your youtube app en remove the rss part and make it possible to show youtube suggests and put maybe that under featured and let say under recent recommend or something
@grote345 : I'm not sure why you are still experiencing an error with it as it's all working fine on mine. I will take a look in to it though.

I think i know why it's moving slow, it's because i have changed around the way the dashboard moves, i forgot to change the animation time for the grouplist control so it may seem like it's moving around slow. I will upload a little fix for this tomorrow.

Another thing that i have just finally got working is adverts using python, these scripts will work on any platform and they can get adverts from any website. i will be adding an option to use these in the settings as they are faster and more reliable than the current scripts. Also these scripts are fully compatible with Gotham and the older ones aren't. These will soon be able to get adverts for the Xbox Video & music sections, all the store sections and the dashboard. I will also try and add an option to display your library everywhere as well as some people may not want advertisements.

Here is a preview of the script getting game adverts from the Xbox website :

Thanks for the feedback looks really nice and it is a good idea adverts using python ! many will enjoy that I think

Toyota I did send you a private message with the part of mine xbmc log when it starts the youtube pluggin Smile
Two things: the left/right/up/down movement of tiles in the Pins section on the dashboard is still all screwed up. Scrolling right goes diagonal etc… You can also only scroll one tile at a time now.

Second, on the power menu, you can only scroll up, not down. Just FYI. Great job on the update.

Let u know about those scripts in a little bit, gotta get some work done before I play around lol
Toyota I did a full clean install with just xbmc 12.0 and your skin I did run the setup at first and after that I did extract the rssclient fix to the addon folder but still the same error the script is just not working for me
Before I did this off course I did make a backup of the complete XBMC folder in appdata/roaming so nothing is lost Smile
I am gonna copy the xbmc folder back for now.please let me know if you can help me fix this ?
Hey Toyota

Thanks for the icons!

The new navigation is great. More intuitive and less 'jumpy' if you know what I mean.

A very minor niggle... The width of the white border around selected tiles is slightly inconsistent. As below, on the dashboard the left border is slightly wider than the top and right border, and the bottom border is narrower still. It's very slight (1 or 2 pixels?) and from my attempts at skinning I remember these things being quite difficult to perfect, but it would finish it off nicely to be the same size all the way round.

I'm not sure how the xbox does it, but if it's the same as win8, I believe the tiles are 8 pixels apart and the borders are 3 pixels wide.

^^ That's been driving me insane, keep forgetting to mention it XD

Hey any chance we can get Advanced Launcher games to advertise on the dashboard?

Oh ya, what ever happened to that new OSD? Was looking nice…
Hello toyota12303

At the moment I'm on the way,as soon as I get home.I will test skin,remarkable progress my respect.
Python for advertising is a great thing,all these small details giving the dynamics in skin.

Best Regards
@grote345 : Thanks! and i will take a look through it when i get home.

@ADHDMedia : I have almost finished the pins section now, i still need to change around a few things there and i will do this once i get home. You can now pin more items there now as well, i think there's around 50 tiles that you can pin.
I have also fixed the power menu now, i'm not sure why it was having problems before but it's working fine now.
Thanks!

@grote345 : I'm not sure why you are still experiencing this error as it's working fine with mine, i do have some ideas as to why it might not be working but i will take a look in to it when i get home.

@johnb : That's fine and thanks! i have also fixed the scroll time on the dashboard as well so everything moves a little quicker and smoother. You can also pin more items to the dashboard, i think there's around 50 at the moment.
With the tile borders i have noticed this problem with mine too. It's because of the resolution that you are running, for example with my 1600x900 monitor everything is perfect. But when i run it off my tv at 1920x1080p then the borders go off a little bit. I think i know why this is happening it's because i am using a white image behind the tile, but if i use a white texture border instead then this should hopefully fix it for every resolution. I'm not sure if it's going to work but i will try this out when i get home.I have previously seen other skins using this before and it seems to work fine with theirs.

@ADHDMedia : I' not too sure how to do this at the moment, but i will take a look in to it. I could have your games fanart advertised on the dashboard and then when you click it it will take you in to your library. But the only problem with this is that if you have previously had a game installed and then you have removed it, if the fanart is still in the advanced launcher folder then it will still display it.

And as for the new OSD i am still working on it, i am just trying to find the right icons for it.

@senna99 : Hello senna99,

Thanks! and you are welcome to use the python scripts with your skin if you want. I am still changing around a lot of it but there starting to come along perfectly.

I should hopefully be releasing another update some time today, i still need to change around a few things like the osd, pins ect.
  • 43(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbox One Skin25