• 1(current)
Release Xbox One Skin
This theme has been re made and moved to this post:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=253035
seems interesting!!
just a question, to really add the "one" feeling are you going to have a better integration of advanced launcher?
I add a conversation with the author of this excellent plugin to achieve that :

(2013-06-01, 23:25)Angelscry Wrote:
(2013-06-01, 22:59)bakito Wrote: hello angel, as an big user of advanced launcher I would like to thank you first, it has been a revolution for xbmc to me, I was wondering , if I may, is it possible to integrate it even more in xbmc ui, I use xperience skin and I dream to be able to have poster from my last installed games on the home ( like it does with movies and tv shows) , click on it and boom the game launch ( again like a movie )
is it possible? or even add an "advanced launcher plugin" ( a 2nd program extension ) that use our launcher.xml to achieve that?
Since I saw the new game console, I think that my htpc with advanced launcher is already "next generation" the only thing I'm missing is this ability to integrate advanced launcher even more in it ....
If this is too hard ( or impossible ) ...well too bad ...but if their is a chance... Smile
Anyway, thanks again for your work and quick support !
Merci et à bientôt!
We need first to create and add an XBMC widget (service add-on) dedicated to Advanced Launcher, that will be directly linked to Advanced Launcher and that will extract the info you want to display form the launchers.xml file. If you want to display the "last installed item"... this information is actually not stored into launchers.xml file, so Advanced Launcher has also to be modifed to integrate and manage this information. Finally, the more important, the skins have also to be modifed to display this information and link an action to it (start the game).

I can do the 2 first steps (service creation and modify the launchers.xml content). But to be honest, I do not really like widgets. In my opinion they overcharge display with useless informations : For example, "last installed item" have been generaly installed by the user itself... But for the last step (skin integration), it has to be done by skin makers... and here , except "Cirrus Extended V2", actually skins are far to integrate all the features that Advanced Launcher include (trailers, extra fanart, view/not view state, etc...).

well I'm no coder and don't know how to achieve this but maybe you are?
anyway thanks for considerate it and good luck with your mod!!
just a thought, if I recall correctly, the xbox one hub is composed by different category ( home , movie ...) but each one is full screen and we have to switch from screen to sceen to navigate...I don' t know if I'm clear sorry, I mean you navigate through the skin a bit like in xperience 1080...
well, thanks to add your skill for xbmc community !
cheers
very nice cant wait
Really nice concept! Keep it up
Does this skin require me to check in every 24 to keep it functioning?

I know, I know... that joke is so two days ago, still couldn't resist...
Thanks everyone for the comments and Bakito sorry but i don't know how to do something like that but once i have finished the my pins section you will be able to go into advanced launcher and add a game to my pins and you will be able to access this from the dashboard. I might do this by listing the favourites on the my pins section - this way it will list all your favourites, or by adding a new button to the context menu to add pins - this way they will be separate to the favourites. what do you think would be better ? and yes your right the xbox one dashboard looks very different to what i have done at the moment but this is just a start Smile This is how i want it to look when finished for anyone who doesnt know what the xbox one dashboard looks like :

at the moment mine doesnt look much like it but i am slowly getting there Tongue

and here are a couple of images of what i have recently changed :

Here i have added the labels for each category at the top. and changed the panels. (loads of it still needs changing)

Here i have changed the search button in the charms to search the youtube video plugin. And i have also changed the bing search to open webpages - you can type e.g. www.google.com and it will open the page in the web browser script Smile
Update:

Now the skin is starting to look more like the Xbox one Big Grin

here are some images of what i have changed so far :

still need to change and fix a few things then i will post a testing release Tongue
VERY NICE!!!!!!!
Great work so far!
I can t wait to test it!
Cheers
how does the game panel works?
which views will you put in your skin?
really seems very nice! (againSmile
Smile 
Excellent work, can`t wait to try
I have to say, this looks quite good toyota. One thing to note though- some of your fonts seem rather small (recent, recommended, and the tile labels stick out). Be sure to test the skin on a TV from normal TV distance to make sure everything is readable. Personally I have found people tend to complain about being able to see anything under 18-point for 720p skins (I believe I go as far down as 16-point in my skin and that is where I get complaints).
bit(ten) skin (Thread) (Project Site)
metroTV skin (Thread) (Project Site)

Looks great!
Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro, Nvidia Shield 2015
I like where you've taken Immersive. Looking forward to check out how you did the titles with the variable sized background on the tiles. I'd love to incorporate that back into Immersive as well as the wide tiles on the home screen. Keep up the good work mate.
Looks like the right amount of personalisation that im looking for Smile Hope u get an alpha out soon Smile
Update :

Here are a few more changes that i have made :

Now all the main advert images get updated every time you login
Added a window for TV & Movies - but still needs changing
Changed the animations so they look pretty much exactly the same as the xbox one
Created a game info window & a fading window so when you launch a game it doesn't just open it fades into the game and then fades out back to the dashboard when you exit the game
Customized some of the views & colours
Added internet explorer window that's linked to the browser script so you can open websites from xbmc
Finished the recent section of the home tab - this is where you can access your most recent items. e.g. if you play a game through advanced launcher it will show up the fanart on the recent section and from here you can launch it again.This also works for movies & tv shows.
Added a video window to the recent section on the home tab - so now you can minimize a video you're watching and it will go to your recent and keep playing. & im working on the option in the settings to make it pause the video when you minimize it and when you next log in you can carry it on from where you left it.
Changed Navigation sounds
Changed Boot image
Changed Bing search - global search

Here are some of the things im still working on:

Integrating the gamertag script so you can use your xbox live account and view recent achievements, games played, friends, & avatars
Skinning the irc script to look like skype - with this you can setup and enter chat groups and talk with friends on xbmc
Changing the Views for games, videos, apps, music
Link trakt.tv to the rest of the ads so they get updated everytime you log in
Add some options to change the ads to your own pictures in the settings
Change some of the fonts & sizes

Here are a few images of the changes:

• 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbox One Skin25