Cabinet cooling
I did a search fro cooling over here but most threads are for cooling the pc itself.

I have a Denon amp in a cabinet that gets very hot with the doors closed. I wondered if anyone may have a suggestion for a good quiet fan that can be easily powered (preferably via a wall wart) that I could install in the back of the cabinet when I'm pushing the amp hard for several hours using my htpc.
Here's a link that might be helpful:

http://www.frozencpu.com/cat/l1/g54/Cabi...d=hIJHETdY

EDIT: Made a bunch of computer related suggestions here before I saw you said "Denon Amp". The link above should still be helpful.
I'd recommend looking into the Coolerguys Cabcool1203 Three 120mm Fan Cooling Kit w/thermal control for Cabinet or Home Theaters or the CAB-COOL Cooling Fan. Personally, I like the Cabcool1203.
(2013-06-21, 14:20)GortWillSaveUs Wrote: I'd recommend looking into the Coolerguys Cabcool1203 Three 120mm Fan Cooling Kit w/thermal control for Cabinet or Home Theaters or the CAB-COOL Cooling Fan. Personally, I like the Cabcool1203.

Thanks! That 1203 looks perfect - I'm a retard at cutting anything but a round hole with a drill, but I'm sure a jigsaw would work. Now to find it in the UK.... Smile
I had some thermal issues in my cabinet (ps3, htpc, amp...)

what i did...

i totally removed the back ...
my cabinet closes in front when i do not use any equipment. and while open (when i use htpc or ps3) you cant tell that there is no back...

With the back removed (and the front of the cabinet opened - while using the av equipment ) i dont have any heating issues at all... Smile
I have a couple of the CabCool fans. Maybe its just the ones i got but mine seem to be a little out of balance so they've introduced a slight hum that's rather annoying.[/i]
Thanks all. Don't think the wife would let me remove the back, and having the doors open isn't an option. My amp is in there with a few wallwart power supplies, a couple of mains 4-bars, and a fibre router - the fiber router gets damn hot so I don't think this is helping matters. I'm tempted to shift the amp into the other side of the cabinet where it would be on its own and have more breathing space but not so sure how much this would help.
I doubt that just adding a fan or 2 will help a lot.. You need to effectively get some fresh air into the cabinet and get the hot air out, and I'm afraid that just putting 2 fans behind won't be very effective.
(2013-06-23, 13:48)PatrickVogeli Wrote: I doubt that just adding a fan or 2 will help a lot.. You need to effectively get some fresh air into the cabinet and get the hot air out, and I'm afraid that just putting 2 fans behind won't be very effective.

In which case I'd need push/pull on opposite sides of the cabinet. Isn't really possible with this cabinet in a wife-friendly manner. Leaving the cabinet door open increases cooling a LOT but it kinda ruins the aesthetic Sad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cabinet cooling0