XBMC launching using wrong screen res when TV off
I currently have Frodo 12.2 installed, though this was in issue with previous builds for me too.

At 3am every morning I have a scheduled task under Windows, to kill the XBMC process and relaunch it - I do this due to a stuttering issue that surfaces after XBMC has een up and running for a couple of days (simply closing XBMC and re-launching it appears to sort things perfectly).

My system runs at 1080p 60Hz - If I launch XBMC manually within Windows, this is what XBMC loads up using and everything is perfect. However, when my scheduled task runs every 3am, because the AV Receiver/TV are not powered on at that point, it loads XBMC at 1080i. I power on my AV Receiver and TV in the morning to find that while XBMC has restarted, there are borders all around the edge of the interface, and XBMC is running at 1080i not 1080p. If I go into the Systems menu and manually change it back to 1080p, the screen switches and the borders disappear. Likewise, if I quite XBMC then simply relaunch it, it resumes the correct 1080p setting. It's only an issue when the TV and/or AV Receiver are not on 'at the time' of XBMC being launched.

I found another article that explained how to use MonInfo to create a an INF file, enabling me to update my Generic PNP monitor driver to my Sony TV (which I would imagine tells the system that it's fine to run at 1080p 60Hz for example, as it's within this hardware's capabilities).

So I am confused as to why XBMC still seems to switch to 1080i when being launched when the TV/AV Receiver is not on.

Has anyone else experienced this issue, and does anyone have any suggestions as to how to get around this? All I'd like is to have XBMC ALWAYS load with my specified 1080p 60Hz settings, regardless of whether my TV or Receiver are on at the time. I couldn't find any config file setting that FORCES XBMC to adhere to specific settings, regardless of other components status in the system?

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC launching using wrong screen res when TV off0