Experience with HDHomerun tv-tuner?
Hi

Need a new tv-tuner to my mac mini with xbmc, but is has to be wife proofe Smile

Has anyone tried the HDHomerun dual tv-tuner?
Or.. any ideas for an other not USB tuner?
I have 2 of them. Fantastic. No better tuner.
Go with prime over dual... Dlna support will keep it near future proof
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
DLNA support is not needed for mythtv. Prime is only needed for cablecard.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Okay upnp Wink then not dlna...point is may not be needed now but it will keep tuners usefulness longer then dual... If cost is a problem dual is okay... And prime adds more then just cable card...
(2013-06-24, 10:19)Lunatixz Wrote: And prime adds more then just cable card...
Like what? (In the mythtv context) (I am being curious not facetious)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2013-06-24, 10:33)nickr Wrote:
(2013-06-24, 10:19)Lunatixz Wrote: And prime adds more then just cable card...
Like what? (In the mythtv context) (I am being curious not facetious)

1 extra tuner
upnp/dlna support
android, ios support
1080p over 1080i
mpeg 4 h264 codec
1gigabit lan over 100mb dual....ummmmm
needless to say cable card...

that's all I got top of my head... BTW I don't own a prime ( bought a dual, and wish I had spent the money on a prime Wink ).I don't use cable card... but realize that the first year dual was enough... now I could really use extra tuner and upnp functions...
Yeah i certainly see the point of a third tuner, I have two duals to cover the three local multiplexes (One tuner doesn't get used at all).

Are you saying the Prime transcodes to h264? My TV comes as h264 anyway and I don't want it transcoded.

As I use mythtv none of the rest is of any use to me.
(2013-06-24, 21:57)nickr Wrote: Yeah i certainly see the point of a third tuner, I have two duals to cover the three local multiplexes (One tuner doesn't get used at all).

Are you saying the Prime transcodes to h264? My TV comes as h264 anyway and I don't want it transcoded.

As I use mythtv none of the rest is of any use to me.

I'm not saying its for everyone.. but the price has come down a lot, I bought the dual at primes launch so (100 over 200 for something I never used before was a no brainier)... but if I were buying now, prime even if new features atm wouldn't be used would not be a wasted investment...

and an extra tuner comes in handy when using more then one XBMC instance and recording at the same time Smile
Smile 
I have a HDHomerun with DVB-C and use MythTV as backed (kubuntu).
XBMC is 12.2 but also works on 13 ALPHA 5 (you will need to compile the MythTV plugin)
It's works perfectly but is a little slow when tuning in to a channel (the MythTv frontend is slow as well).
My next tuner will also be a HDHomeRun Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Experience with HDHomerun tv-tuner?0