UPNP Help
Hi guys, I searched and couldn't find a fix for this. I currently have 3 devices running xbmc, Xios DS, Android phone and ubuntu 12.04 laptop. The xios and phone can share back and forth with no problem. The laptop can even see both when I browse sources, but I cannot find the laptop when looking in sources on either of the other devices. I have confirmed it is set to share in the UPN settings. I also downloaded UPNP Inspector from the software store and it does show an XBMC server for the laptop. Any help would be appreciated.
Could be a routing/discovery issue external to XBMC. If you are running UPNP inspector on the laptop itself it may miss external issue. Maybe worth trying mediatomb on the laptop (its in the Ubuntu software center)? If it works, then at least you know the problem is with the XBMC UPnP instance. If not, then the problem is elsewhere.
I tried MediaTomb ang got the same problem. So, it seems to be something external. Thanks, I'm at least narrowing down the issue.
Its worth trying to see if there is any difference between a wired & wireless connection between your laptop and router. It's is most likely a routing issue and that will tell you you are on the right track.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
UPNP Help0